Fast Track Ticket: San Lorenzo of El Escorial
Discover the historic home of the King of Spain, which also served as a monastery, basilica, palace, and educational institute at different points in time, with this fast-track ticket!
- Skip the arduous wait at the ticketing lines and head right into the attraction with fast-track tickets.
- Visit the Royal Site of San Lorenzo of El Escorial, an exquisite UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Explore the Armoury, the Royal Mausoleum, and the Basilica inside the El Escorial Monastery.
- Enjoy unmatched views of the Valley of the Fallen’s basilica and the Sierra de Guadarrama mountain range.
- Fast-track access to the San Lorenzo of El Escorial
strict cancellation policy
Cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
Nestled at the foot of Mount Abantos in the Sierra de Guadarrama range, the Royal Site of San Lorenzo of El Escorial was chosen to be the seat of Spanish power by King Philip II of Spain. Take some time to soak in the pleasant Spanish countryside from the ‘Courtyard of the Kings’ before entering the Royal Site. Soak up the spectacular artifacts and historic rooms including the Armoury and the Royal Mausoleum.
This tour also gives you an opportunity to sit on the Seat of Philip II and enjoy breathtaking views of El Escorial. Explore the opulent Basilica, the Hall of Battles, and the Pantheon of the Kings, which is one of the primary royal burial vaults. End your tour with visits to the art gallery, architectural museum, and Gardens of the Friars.
know before you go
- Wheelchairs are available and the Royal Site of San Lorenzo of El Escorial is accessible by wheelchair.
- Download the ‘Monastery of El Escorial’ IOS or Andriod app before visiting the attraction for a more informative tour.
- Tourist and cultural groups visiting the attraction with their own official guide will have to mandatorily use group guiding devices such as transmitter microphones and receiver headphones.
- Maximum capacity has been established to access each of the National Heritage monuments.
- All guests must maintain a distance of 2 meters between people, with the only exception of minors or elderly dependents.
- For reasons of capacity, some rooms may be excluded from the tour of the visit.
- The use of masks will be compulsory for visitors aged 6 and above, at all times of the visit, from the entrance to the site or monument until its departure.
- Access with food or drink is prohibited.
- National Heritage may establish permanent or random temperature controls, which will be non-invasive and will not require contact with the visitor. In the event that a body temperature compatible with the symptoms of COVID 19 is observed in any visitor, access to the monument will not be allowed.
- Audio guides, electronic group guidance devices, and brochures will not be available. As an alternative, visitors can download the Apps of the different monuments, to install them on their own mobile devices.
- The use of elevators will be limited to strictly necessary cases.
- Oct-Mar (Winter): Between 10am - 6pm.
- Apr-Sept (Summer): Between 10am - 7pm.
- Box office and admission to the Monastery close one hour earlier.
- Weekly closing: Monday.
- Special openings in 2021: Nov 1 and Dec 6.
The approximate duration of the visit to the Monastery is 2 hours.
Jan 1, Jan 6, May 1, Sep 12, Dec 24, Dec 25, Dec 31.
- Admission is free for children aged 4 and under, large families with accreditation by the Official Family Book, Members of the ICOM (International Museum Council), professors with teaching staff cards, official tourist guides with Official Tourist Guide card, as well as differently-abled people with an accompanying person.
- On Wednesdays and Sundays, admission is free from 3pm to 6pm in the winter, and 3pm to 7pm in the summer. This is applicable for citizens of the European Union, residents and holders of work permits in that territory, and Latin American citizens, following accreditation of nationality (national identification card, passport, or driver’s license) or residency or work permit. The free offer is limited to the tour without a guide.
Reduced Ticket Pricing
Children aged 5-16, seniors aged 65 and above, as well as accredited students up to 25 years of age with updated national or international student’s cards.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry a valid photo ID for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem your tickets directly at the attraction - Royal Seat of San Lorenzo de El Escorial.
- Address: Av Juan de Borbón y Battemberg, s/n, 28200 San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Madrid, Spain.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- Bus: Line 664 and 661 from the Moncloa interchange (AUTOCARES HERRANZ).
- Car: Madrid-San Lorenzo de el Escorial; A-VI, to Las Rozas, turning onto the M-505; A-VI, turning onto the M-600.
- Train: Madrid-El Escorial. Commuter Line C-8 (Atocha Station).
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.