Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Soak in the beautiful sights of this culturally rich city that has attracted some of the best engineers and artists for centuries. Visit the Chain Bridge, the Heroes’ Square, and St. Stephen’s Basilica and marvel at these intricately designed monuments.
- See some of Budapest’s most amazing monuments on this unique and flexible tour.
- The tour offers unmatched exploratory freedom as you can board or deboard at any of the stops along the way.
- Enjoy the tour and find out more about the monuments and buildings with the pre-recorded commentary that comes in over 23 different languages.
- Free WiFi is available on board. You can click pictures and upload them as you move around on the bus.
- The buses are open-top, allowing you to get an unhindered 360-degree view of the magnificent city as you cruise along its streets.
- 1-day Classic Hop-on, Hop-off tour ticket.
- Complimentary walking tour of Budapest.
- Air-conditioned buses with free on-board WiFi.
- Pre-recorded commentary available in 23 languages.
- Complimentary headphones.
super-flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
See all the architectural marvels and quaint pathways that snake their way through the city of Budapest with the help of this Hop On Hop Off ticket. The official tour route starts at the Heroes’ Square- a historic center, where the iconic statue complex featuring the seven chieftains of the Magyars as well as the Memorial Stone of Heroes are located. You can get off at any stop during the tour and simply choose to carry on with the tour as per your convenience. This is possible due to the fact that Big Bus plies multiple buses throughout the day and there is a bus passing through every major stop every 20 to 30 minutes.
On board, you will be provided with free Wi-Fi and commentary on the sights in over 20 languages! All of this is certain to make your experience of the city unforgettable. The tour continues from the Basilica to various other famous areas such as the Great Market Hall, the National Museum, Kiraly Street, and the Opera. The tour culminates at the famous Liszt Ferenc Square. Here, you will find a wide variety of restaurants and eateries and you can enjoy the local delicacies to your heart’s content.
know before you go
Route Schedule and Timings
The schedule for the Red Route is as follows:
- 1) Heroes’ Square (First Bus: 9:00 AM | Last Bus: 5:00 PM)
- 2) Keleti Railway Station (First Bus: 9:10 AM | Last Bus: 5:10 PM)
- 3) Hotel Hungaria (First Bus: 9:13 AM | Last Bus: 5:13 PM)
- 4) New York Cafe (First Bus: 9:17 AM | Last Bus: 5:17 PM)
- 5) Astoria (First Bus: 9:23 AM | Last Bus: 5:23 PM)
- 6) Vaci Street (First Bus: 9:25 AM | Last Bus: 5:25 PM)
- 7) Castle Garden (First Bus: 9:31 AM | Last Bus: 5:31 PM)
- 8) Castle Funicular (First Bus: 9:10 AM | Last Bus: 5:33 PM)
- 9) Batthyany Square (First Bus: 9:15 AM | Last Bus: 5:38 PM)
- 10) Margaret Bridge (First Bus: 9:20 AM | Last Bus: 5:43 PM)
- 11) Nyugati Railway Station (First Bus: 9:28 AM | Last Bus: 5:51 PM)
- 12) Parliament (First Bus: 9:31 AM | Last Bus: 5:54 PM)
- 13) Basilica (First Bus: 9:33 AM | Last Bus: 5:56 PM)
- 14) Chain Bridge (First Bus: 9:00 AM | Last Bus: 6:03 PM)
- 15) River Cruise (First Bus: 9:05 AM | Last Bus: 6:08 PM)
- 16) Great Market Hall (First Bus: 9:11 AM | Last Bus: 18:14 PM)
- 17) National Museum (First Bus: 9:14 AM | Last Bus: 6:17 PM)
- 18) Kiraly Street (First Bus: 9:22 AM | Last Bus: 6:25 PM)
- 19) Big Bus Customer Service Centre (First Bus: 9:25 AM | Last Bus: 6:28 PM)
- 20) Opera (First Bus: 9:27 AM | Last Bus: 6:30 PM)
- 21) Octagon/Liszt Ferenc Square (First Bus: 9:29 AM | Last Bus: 6:32 PM)
The tour duration varies depending on your selected route. The frequency of buses is every 20-30 minutes.
This ticket includes a complimentary walking tour of the city. The Pest tour is scheduled to begin at 11:00 at Stop #19. It lasts for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
This audio guide is available in 23 languages, which are: English, German, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Swedish, Danish, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Turkish, Arabic, Hebrew, Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Romanian, Croatian, Dutch and Norwegian.
This tour is wheelchair accessible.
How To Redeem Your Ticket
Your mobile tickets will be sent to you shortly. You can show your ticket either on the bus or to any staff member at the stop. A receipt will be given saying that you can access the Hop-On, Hop-Off tour at any stop/bus on that day. You may start your tour from any of the stops on the route.
The tickets can be used on any day within 6 months of the date of purchase. Once the ticket is activated upon being redeemed at any stop, you have one day to use the ticket.