From Amsterdam: Windmills, Edam and Volendam Tour
From marveling at the windmills at Zaanse Schans to learning about local cheese in Edam, this tour is inclusive of all things Dutch, making it quite the Netherlandic experience to remember!
- Travel from Amsterdam on a comfortable A/C coach to the quaint hamlets of Volendam and Edam on this tour.
- Escape to the Windmill Haven of Zaanse Schans and learn all about Dutch Windmills.
- Indulge in some delectable cheese in the charming hamlet of Edam.
- Enjoy a short walk through the oldest parts of the Volendam, exploring a labyrinth of twists and turns to sites such as St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag (Fish Auction).
- Visit to Zaanse Schans, Edam, and Volendam in an AC coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Live commentary on board (multi-lingual - English, Spanish, and German)
- Hotel Transfers
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
ratings & reviews
ratings & reviews
Escape to the Windmill Haven of Zaanse Schans
Escape the mundane city routine with this half-day guided tour of the classic Dutch countryside. Upon pick-up from your designated meeting point, you will be driven in a luxury coach to windmill haven - Zaanse Schans. This village is home to windmills dating back to the 18th and 19th centuries. Here, you can watch live demonstrations of craftsmen at work, and then explore the village at your own pace.
Learn all About Dutch Cheesemaking in Edam
Next, you continue on to Edam, the pearl of the Zuiderzee. The town's ancient streets and canals are etched by beautiful 17th-century buildings. Some of these famous structures include the Carillon Tower, the Great Church, and the town hall. You can also check out the public weighing house, where to date Edam cheese is sold every Wednesday.
Visit Major Tourist Attractions in Volendam
Finally, you make a stop at the picturesque seaside village of Volendam. A major tourist attraction since the late 1800s, this fishing village is thronged by thousands to see the small buildings and houses. A great place for a souvenir, and to get pictures clicked in traditional Dutch costume. Your guide will take you on a short walk through the oldest parts of the city, exploring a labyrinth of twists and turns to sites such as St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag (Fish Auction).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at This is Holland, Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station.
- Address: Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- The nearest ferry terminal is Buiksloterweg, which is a 4-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Ferry F3 will bring you here.