Cruises in Melbourne
Popular Things to Do
Sort By: Our Recommendations
Phillip Island CruisesPhillip Island Seal Watching Cruise
Phillip Island CruisesPhillip Island Cape Woolamai Cruise
Williamstown Ferry TicketsMelbourne City and Williamstown Ferry Cruise
Dinner CruisesPorts and Docklands Highlights: 1 Hour Down River Cruise
Dinner CruisesMelbourne Highlights: 2 Hour River Cruise
Dinner CruisesRiver Gardens: 1 Hour Up River Cruise
Wilsons Promontory CruisesWilsons Prom Whale Adventure Cruise with Lunch
Phillip Island CruisesPhillip Island Sunset Cruise
Wilsons Promontory CruisesWilsons Prom Full Day Cruise with Lunch
Phillip Island CruisesPhillip Island Dolphin & Whale Cruise
Phillip Island CruisesPhillip Island Winter Whale Cruise with Lunch
Browse By Themes
Tickets :Theme ParksZoos & AquariumParksLandmarksTours :Walking ToursGuided ToursTransportation :Airport TransfersPublic TransportCruises :Sightseeing CruisesDinner CruisesLunch CruisesFood & Drink :Food ToursDay Trips :Nature EscapesSightseeingEntertainment :OperaAdventure :SkydivingIndoor AdventureAerial Sightseeing :Hot Air BalloonWellness :SpaSpecials :CombosComing SoonStaycations :National Parks
Are cruises in Melbourne a popular experience?
A unique, highly recommended experience to try in Melbourne is a cruise. With several popular cruise destinations such as the Yarra River and Phillip Island, tourists and locals alike look for a relaxing time on a cruise. During a city cruise, soak in Melbourne's wonderful skyline, while on cruises outside the city at locations such as the Bass Strait, Tasmanian Sea, and the Coral Sea, not only are you completely immersed in nature, but can enjoy activities such as watching seals, dolphins, and whales.
Where can I find boarding points for cruises in Melbourne?
The main boarding point for cruises in Melbourne is Station Pier. Southbank Promenade is the main boarding point along the Yarra River, while at Phillip Island, the Esplanade Cowes jetty is where most cruises depart from. The accurate location will be on your confirmed ticket.
What are my different cruise options in Melbourne?
The top cruise options in Melbourne are:
- Phillip Island Dolphin & Whale Cruise: A 3-hour cruise along Phillip Island’s picturesque coastline and Cape Woolamai cliffs where you will be greeted by Humpback, Southern Right Whales, and playful dolphins.
- Phillip Island Seal Watching Cruise: Catch the sight of thousands of seals at one of Australia's largest colonies of Fur Seals at the lap of your 2-hour cruise along Phillip Island along with a hot beverage.
- The Spirit of Melbourne Dinner Cruise: A perfect way to experience Melbourne's iconic landmarks by night. The cruise provides a four-course dinner with vegetarian options and lets you cruise across Melbourne at your own leisure.
- Wilsons Prom Full-Day Cruise with Lunch: A 9-hour cruise day along with the Wilsons Promontory lighthouse and glide under Skull Rock, while you enjoy tea, snacks, lunch, a walk to the Refuge Cove, a visit to Kanowna Island seal colony, and more.
- River Gardens: 1 Hour Up River Cruise: 1-hour of cruising across the Yarra River, Federation Square, the Government House, Royal Botanic Gardens, Olympic Parks, AAMI Park, and Herring Island
What can I see on a cruise in Melbourne ?
On a city cruise along the Melbourne River, you can see attractions such as: Eureka Skydeck Royal Botanical Gardens Crown Casina Melbourne CBD Dockland Stadium Herring Island
Is a sightseeing cruise better than a dinner cruise?
The cruise you opt for can depend on various factors such as time available, budget, meal preferences, occasion and more. A sightseeing cruise is ideal for those on a budget, looking to catch a unique view of popular attractions and experiences around. From the Eureka Skydeck on a city cruise to admiring glimpses of seals, dolphins and whales, sightseeing cruises offer a memorable tourist experience. If budget is not a criteria and you have time on your schedule, a dinner cruise is ideal. Over the course of 2-4 hours, indulge in delicious multi-course meals under the clear sky and enjoy the surrounding landscape as it serves as the perfect backdrop for your evening.
When is the best time to go for a cruise in Melbourne?
You can go for a sightseeing experience cruise during the day if you want to see sea animals such as dolphins, seals or whales. Day cruises are best experienced in cooler months between April to October to avoid the hot sun. Similarly, dinner cruises or evening sightseeing cruise are also best experienced during the cooler months. During the summer months of November to March, you can go for dinner cruises since the harsh heat would not be bothersome due to the cool sea breeze during evenings.
How long is a canal cruise in Melbourne ?
Sightseeing cruises generally last between 60-90 minutes, depending on the cruise type and location. Dinner cruises extend up between 2-4 hours. The exact timings would be mentioned on your confirmed ticket.
Do sightseeing cruises have guides or audioguides?
Yes, several cruises in Melbourne include live commentary from either the captain or an on-board guide. Throughout the duration of your cruise, your guide will inform you about the city, all the attractions around, sea creatures around, common trees, and more.
The world on your tap!Get the Headout app to get tickets on your phone and access app-only deals. Talk about win-win.