Guided Tour of Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
Enjoy an in-depth tour of the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum as your professional guide takes you through each of these fascinating archeological sites. Choose from a morning or afternoon tour and enjoy skip-the-line priority access, saving you the hassle of tedious lines so that you can make the most of your time in Rome.
- Explore the Eternal city like never before on this tour, one of the highest rated and the most economical on Headout's vast roster of tours.
- Visit the world-famous Colosseum and skip the winding ticketing queues on this immersive guided tour of one of Italy's most popular destinations.
- You will also enjoy a guided tour of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, some of the archaeological wonders of Rome.
- Entry to the Colosseum and the archaeological area
- Entry to Roman Forum
- Entry to Palatine Hill
- Professional guided walking tour
- Wireless audio headsets
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 48 hours before the schedule.
Visit the World-Famous Colosseum and Skip the Winding Ticketing Queues
After meeting your tour guide at the designated meeting point, head to the dominating Colosseum. Here, you will be able to skip the long ticketing line and make your way directly through security and into the world’s largest amphitheater ever constructed. Learn all about the theatre’s bloody past as your tour guide tells you stories about the infamous gladiator games. Believed to have been constructed as a gift from ancient emperors to the Roman people, this grand outdoor amphitheater once served as the epicenter for entertainment, hosting various public spectacles and games.
You Will Also Enjoy a Guided Tour of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
Next, walk the ancient path that Romans once used every day as you venture into the Roman Forum along the Via Sacra. Neighboring the Colosseum, the Roman Forum provides an insight into life in Ancient Rome unlike any other site in Rome. Visit the temple of Vesta, Antonino, and Faustina. Marvel at the Basilica Julia and Aemilia, and imagine what Rome was once like thousands of years ago.
Finally, make your way to the Palatine Hill and bypass the long entry line with your priority access skip-the-line tickets. Enjoy one of the city’s best vantage points and discover the hill where Rome was originally founded. Once considered the most desirable neighborhood in Rome, Palatine Hill lives on as an extensive archaeological site. Explore ruins of the Flavian Palace and Stadium of Domitian, as well as the legendary Hut of Romulus.
If you only have a short period of time to see the absolute best that Rome has to offer, this tour is the perfect way to maximize your time and experience the archaeological wonders of the city in the company of an expert local guide and a small group of fellow travelers.
This tour is the most economical option for a 3-hour, skip the line, guided tour of Rome's most impressive archaeological wonders. Along with instant confirmation and free cancellation, this is the perfect option for a pocket-friendly exploration of Rome's finest.
know before you go
You must carry a valid ID with you and present it at the time of entry if requested. Should you fail to do so, venue authorities may deny you entry and such instances are not liable for reschedules or refunds.
Note: From August 6, 2021, onwards, all sites that we visit in Italy will require guests and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test (completed within 48 hours) prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. You can read more about it on the Italian Government website. If you have any questions regarding your tour, please reach out to us prior to your schedule, and we can help answer any questions you may have.
This guided tour is available in 5 languages:
- You can reach the Colosseum by metro line B, train line 3, or via buses 75, 81, 673, 175, and 204.
- If you’re coming from Rome’s Termini train station, the quickest and most efficient way is by metro.
- If you prefer to get there by foot, it’s about a 25-minute walk from the train station to the Arch of Constantine.
Please note: You are required to be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to your tour.
For safety and security reasons, no large backpacks or pieces of luggage are allowed inside the Colosseum.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions