After-Hours Access: Colosseum, Arena Floor & Roman Forum
Visit the Colosseum after hours and see it lit up in all its glory on this exclusive access evening tour. In small groups of 12 or fewer, you'll get to see this famous Roman attraction after it has closed to the public.
- Witness spectacular views of the Roman Forum in the evening light from Capitol Hill as you are accompanied by an expert, English-speaking guide.
- Get exclusive access to the newly discovered graffiti and the Arena Floor after it has closed to the public in small groups of 12 or fewer.
- See the impressive Colosseum all lit up like a stage, a spectacular sight made better by your guide regaling you with interesting tales about this Roman monument.
Spectacular Views of the Roman Forum from Capitoline Hill
Begin the tour at Capitoline Hill (Campidoglio), from where you will get exquisite views of the Roman Forum when it is closed for the night. Hear about the birth of Rome and its most famous emperors as you go back in time from your bird's eye view on Capitoline Hill.
Exclusive Access to the Newly Discovered Graffiti and Arena Floor By Night
Enter the Colosseum after it has closed for the public on this exclusive evening tour. Your expert, English-speaking guide will accompany you and your small group consisting of 12 people and take you through the newly discovered graffiti. Also, take a personal tour of the Colosseum and hear all about the politics, the emperors, and the bloody battles that this iconic arena was famous for.
Colosseum | Special access to the graffiti and the Arena Floor | Roman Forum | Capitoline Hill
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide.
- Small groups of 12 people or fewer.
- Skip the line access to the Colosseum.
- Entrance ticket & reservation fee for the Colosseum.
- Headsets when appropriate.
Know Before You Go
Due to Colosseum security regulations, a PASSPORT OR VALID ID DOCUMENT IS MANDATORY to join this tour. It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid document with you on tour. Passengers who fail to provide a valid proof of identity will be denied entry
On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers an extended tour in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
Please note that children aged 0-5 are not permitted on this tour for security reasons.
This 2.5-hour tour is available on all days of the week except Thursday. The tour starts at 7:00 PM, 7:30 PM 8:00 PM & 8:30 PM.
This tour will be conducted in English
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel this tour up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- PLEASE NOTE: The meeting point is not at the Colosseum.
- The tour commences on the platform directly in front of Trajan’s Column. Trajan’s Column (~30 m high with engravings) is located on Via dei Fori Imperiali next to Piazza Venezia.
- When standing right in front and facing the Victor Emmanuel II Monument (a.k.a. the “Wedding Cake), it’s directly to the left across the street.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply searach for - Trajan's Column.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Nearest Bus station is Fori Imperiali/Campidoglio, a 1-minute walk from the meeting point. Bus 55, 85, and 87 will stop here. Walk north-west on Via dei Fori Imperiali towards Piazza della Madonna di Loreto and the meeting point will be on the right.
- Nearest metro station is Colosseo, which is 10 minutes walk from the Trajan's Column. Line B (Blue line) of the Rome Metro stops at this station every few minutes. It connects the northeast to the south of Rome, from Rebibbia to Laurentina.
- For more information on Public Transportation in Rome click here.