Catacombs Admission Entrance with Guided Tour
Explore the St. Callixtus Catacomb in the Eternal City with an expert multilingual tour guide! Find your way through the centuries-old underground tunnel and listen to fascinating stories of the sacred site.
- Visit the Catacombs, the underbelly of ancient Rome, with an expert multilingual tour guide.
- Get to know the history of St. Callixtus Catacomb, a sacred site that was both a burial ground and a place of worship.
- Admire the unique frescoes, iconography, and sarcophagi in the Catacombs.
- Make your way through the mazes lined with tombs, snaking underneath the Eternal City.
- Take a look around some of the famous tombs of popes and martyrs.
- Entrance ticket to the Catacombs in Rome
- Expert tour guide (Italian, English, French, Spanish or German)
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Take a tour of the veiled ancient Roman world of the dead with a multilingual tour guide at St. Callixtus Catacomb. Dating back to the 2nd century, the Catacombs are galleries that were used by the Romans to bury the dead. These ancient cemeteries carry a unique history that you can dive into with your expert guide. St. Callixtus Catacomb is the largest burial site in the Roman Catacombs and was rediscovered in 1854 by an Italian archaeologist.
As you walk around, learn everything about its myths, legends, and history from your tour guide. Find fascinating art in the sacred site like frescoes, inscriptions, and sarcophagi. The labyrinth of underground tunnels meanders underneath the city. You'll find tombs carved directly from the underground rock. Be sure to visit famous burial grounds of popes, martyrs, and other historical figures in this dark side of the Eternal City.
know before you go
- It is recommended to wear comfortable footwear as this tour involved a fair amount of walking.
- Bringing baggage is allowed during the tour.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays. Bring a valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Show your ticket at Catacombe di S. Callisto.
- Address: 00179 Roma RM.
- Landmark: Near Luce Experience | Cocktail Bar e Ristorante Roma.
- The closest bus stop is Catacombe S.Callisto. It is a quick 3 minutes walk to the attraction.
- Board bus 118 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.