Chenonceau Castle Entrance Tickets
Enjoy access to Château Chenonceau, a stunning castle on the banks of the Cher river. Admire the iconic Renaissance architecture and interior which perfectly portrays the lifestyle of those who used to live there. Feel like a royal as you stroll through the living quarters, the gardens, and the gallery bridge that spans over the Cher river.
- Admire the late Gothic and early Renaissance architecture of the stunning castle, featuring an elegant gallery bridge that spans over the Cher river.
- See the royal quarters, including the bedrooms, the guard’s rooms, the chapel and the gallery, and admire the vast collection of exquisite tapestries, paintings and furniture.
- Stroll through the extensive royal gardens located alongside the Cher river.
- Entry to the Chenonceau Castle
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Visit Château Chenonceau, an elegant white castle built on the piers of an old mill in the famous Loire Valley region. Chenonceau is a stunning representation of late Gothic and early Renaissance architecture, featuring a long gallery bridge that spans over the Cher river.
Also known as the “Ladies’ Château” because of the notorious women who built, decorated, restored and maintained it throughout the centuries, Chenonceau boasts a fascinating royal history that dates back to the 13th century. Feel like true royalty as you stroll through the castles’ rooms, which are lavishly decorated with exquisite tapestries, paintings and furniture. See the guard’s room, where men-at-arms were constantly on duty to protect the royal family, the Chapel with its stunning stained glass windows, and the royal bedrooms, study, library, and kitchens. Stroll through the gallery, a magnificent ballroom with 18 floor-to-ceiling windows and a slate-tile floor.
Round off your visit with a walk through the extensive royal gardens alongside the Cher river, featuring a maze, a 16th-century farm, a carriage gallery, and a vegetable and flower garden. With its elegant gallery bridge, Renaissance architecture, lavishly decorated interior and extensive gardens, a visit to Château Chenonceau offers an unforgettable glimpse into the luxurious lives of the French royals.
know before you go
- Before your visit, please remember to book your time slot here. Slot reservation kiosks are not available on-site, so ensure that you've reserved your time slot before visiting the castle.
- Please note that you must generate a second FREE ticket on the official website of the Castle after making your booking as both tickets are necessary to access the castle.
Château Chenonceau is open every day of the year. The last entry is half an hour before closing time. The opening hours are as follows:
- 1 January - 8 February: 9:30 am until 5:00 pm
- 9 February - 5 April: 9:30 am until 5:00 pm
- 6 April - 29 May: 9:00 am until 6:00 pm
- 30 May - 5 July: 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- 6 July - 18 August: 9:00 am until 7:30 pm
- 19 August - 29 September: 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- 30 September - 11 November: 9:00 am until 6:00 pm
- 12 November - 20 December: 9:30 am until 4:30 pm
- 21- 31 December: 9:30 am until 5:30 pm
The following holiday weekends have specific opening hours:
- Easter (20 - 22 April): 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- Labor Day (27 April until 12 May): 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- Ascension (30 May until 2 June): 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
Infants aged 6 and under go free. Children aged 7-17 enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
Château Chenonceau is 214 km outside of Paris, at 37150 Chenonceaux. The best way to reach the castle from Paris is by car or by train.
By Car: Take the A10 “Aquitaine” and take exit Blois or Amboise. It is about a 2 hour drive from Paris.
By Train: It takes about 2 hours and 15 minutes to reach Chenonceau from Paris by train. Take the T.G.V. Paris-Montmartre or Paris-Aéroport Roissy-CDG to the station Saint-Pierre-des-Corps. From there, take the regional train (TER) to Chenonceaux. It is about a 2 minute walk from the station to the castle.
The Chenonceau castle is wheelchair accessible. People with reduced mobility can book a wheelchair free of charge (when doing so, they will be asked to leave an ID as a deposit).
How To Redeem Your Tickets
- You will receive your Chenonceau Castle Entrance voucher shortly via email. On the day of your experience, please show your voucher on your mobile phone, along with a valid photo ID, at the entrance of the castle.
- Please note that you must generate a second FREE ticket on the official website of the Castle after making your booking. Both tickets are necessary to access the place
Your Chenonceau Castle Entrance ticket is only valid for the date that is selected while booking.