Athens Seaside Walking Tour with Seafront Meal
Experience Greek history through its sea on this walking tour!
- Join this glorious 3-hour seaside tour of Athens to explore the city’s history.
- Experience the history of these iconic neighborhoods, while walking by the sea along with locals.
- This tour is ideal for those who want to explore parts of the Athenian riviera but don't want to be far from Athens city center!
- Accompanied by a local expert guide
- Small groups (up to 8 persons)
- Hygiene products (hand sanitizers and face masks)
- Hotel pick-up, drop-off
- Tickets for the Averof ship (3 euros per person)
- Private expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
History can be found everywhere in Athens, even along the seaside! On this 3-hour walking tour, you will get to experience the history of the city while walking along its splendid coastline. Begin by heading to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, home to the National Opera and National Library of Greece. Follow your guide and walk on its roof (yes, really!) which has been transformed into a beautiful park. See also an ancient cemetery and enjoy photo ops of the sea and take in lovely views of the city.
Then, stroll past the Averof Ship, possibly the most impressive surviving naval vessel of the Hellenic Navy. It was a part of four different wars, including the two Balkan Wars as well as the World Wars. Today the museum honors all Greeks who died in sea fights in order to defend their country. You will also have the opportunity to see a replica of an ancient Greek trireme.
Continue onwards to the most popular place in the Athenian Riviera. Apart from being the ultimate yacht destination in Greece, Flisvos Marina is also ideal for walking and relaxing while soaking in the beauty of everything you see around you. Before you end your tour, enjoy a short break to try a meal at a seaside tavern - delicious seafood paired with ouzo!
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds.
- Hygiene products (hand sanitizers and face masks) are provided.
- Guides are required to regularly wash hands.
- Face masks are required for guides in public areas. Travelers are provided with face masks.
- Hand sanitizer is available to travelers and staff.
- Social distancing is enforced throughout the experience.
- This tour is wheelchair and pram/stroller-accessible.
- Pets and guide dogs are allowed.
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes to cover long walking distances.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed.
- Photography is permitted.
- Averof ship is inside an area belonging to the Greek Navy and has limited visiting hours. During the morning tours, you can see it up close. To enter inside the Averof ship is optional and tickets are not included in the price (3 euro per person). During the afternoon tours, you only see it as you walk by.
- Note: If you don’t like seafood we can adjust the menu to your preferences.
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
- Averof warship and replica of an ancient Greek trireme (passing by)
- Yacht Marina
- Seafront meal
Mon, Wed, Sat, and Sun at 10 AM and 6 PM.
Infants aged 0-2 can go for free. Children aged 3-12, as well as youths aged 13-17, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 5 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at the main entrance of Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- Address: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 364, Kallithea 176 74, Greece.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The nearest metro station is 'Tzitziphies.'
- 'Epameinōnda' is the nearest bus stop. Board bus #910 or trolleybus #10 to get here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.