Why You Shouldn't Miss This
The Prado Museum is a landmark of huge national and global importance. Occupying a 18th-century Neo-classical building, the Prado Museum is home to over 20,000 works of art that include around 7,500 paintings, 8,000 drawings, 4,800 prints, and 1,000 sculptures and other works of art and historical documents. Some of the greats whose works adorn the Prado walls are Francisco Goya, El Greco, Diego Velazquez, Hieronymus Bosch, Peter Paul Rubens and Titian.
On the day you would like to visit the museum, carry a printed copy of the ticket and head to the museum. Bypass the arduous ticketing queue and, after a brief security check, you are free to roam Prado's galleries.
The exhibits on display at the Prado Museum are spread over three levels - basement, first and second. You can explore the museum's galleries for as long as you like. Some of the most important and popular artworks that you must not miss are "Las Meninas", "Crucifixion" and "The Tapestry Weavers" by Diego Velazquez; Goya's "Maja" series; "The Cardinal" by Raphael; the crown jewels; "Emperor Carlos V on Horseback" by Titian; "David Victorious over Goliath" by Caravaggio and many more.
Know Before You Go
- Monday to Saturday: 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- All Sundays, January 1, May 1 and December 25: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- January 6, December 24 and 31: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Monday to Saturday: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- All Sundays, January 1, May 1 and December 25: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Address: Paseo del Prado, s/n, 28014 Madrid, Spain
- Entrance: Jerónimos Entrance and Goya Entrance. Both entrances are on the Felipe IV Street.
- By Metro: The closest metro station to the Prado Museum is the Atocha station (Blue Line L1) or Banco de Espana station (Red Line L2).
- By Bus: Lines 9, 10, 14, 19, 27, 34, 37 and 45
- Enjoy skip the line access to the largest collection of Spanish art housed at the Prado Museum.
- Get the chance to view over 20,000 works of art made by artists ranging from the Renaissance period all the way to Picasso's era.
- Admire art by Bosch, Titian, El Greco, Rubens, Velázquez and Goya.
- Marvel at the most famous piece in the museum, Las Meninas by Velázquez.
- Admission Tickets to the Prado Museum
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled, amended or refunded.
You will get an email confirmation instantly. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at either the Jerónimos entrance or the Goya entrance gates, which are open for individual admissions.