Explore Japan’s diverse marine ecosystem at the Sumida Aquarium. With over 10,000 sea creatures and multiple zones to explore, an exciting adventure awaits you!
- Get up close and face-to-face with Magellanic penguins and South American fur seals
- Check out one of Japan’s largest goldfish exhibits with 20 breeds of goldfish on display
- The aquarium features tanks representing the habitats of Tokyo Bay, the Izu Islands, and the Ogasawara Islands
- Go behind the scenes at the “backyard” zones to see the aquarium keepers at work
- Experience an entire natural aquatic ecosystem concentrated into a single tank
Admission to the Sumida Aquarium
Food and Drinks
strict cancellation policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled.
The Sumida Aquarium is one of the main attractions of the Tokyo Skytree Town, a modern entertainment complex. Spread over 2 floors, it is home to over 10,000 sea creatures and is the first aquarium in the Kanto region to use only artificial seawater.
An exciting and educational experience, you will see schools of colorful fish, numerous jellyfish floating in tanks and beautiful coral reefs. At the Aqua gallery, learn about the ecology of sea creatures as you explore tanks arranged like paintings in an art museum. A highlight of your visit is the aquarium’s 350-thousand-liter tank, the largest open indoor tank in Japan. With clear glass walls and nothing to obstruct your view, you can watch penguins playfully splash about and see fur seals glide through the water.
know before you go
- Re-entry is allowed only on the same day.
- Photography is permitted however the use of flash is strictly not allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited
Daily between 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase.
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10 - 15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid any delays.
The ticket is valid for 90 days from the date of purchase.
5-6F, TOKYO SKYTREE TOWN Solamachi 1-2, Oshiage 1-chome, Sumida Ward, Tokyo 131-0045
Take the Tobu Skytree Line to Tokyo Skytree Station. The aquarium is a short 2-minute walk from this station