Windsor Castle Entrance Tickets with Audio Guide
Visit the favorite residence of the royal family, the Windsor Castle. Explore its lavish State Apartments and learn about the rich history of the British monarchy. You will even get to visit St. George's Chapel, where Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tied the knot in 2018!
- Explore the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world with a multimedia guide for company
- See the lavish State Apartments and marvel at the artwork by celebrated painters Rembrandt and Da Vinci
- At St George’s Chapel, see the resting place for many past monarchs, including Henry VIII and Jane Seymour
Pick up your handy multimedia guide and get started on a fascinating journey through 1,000 years of royal history in the Castle Precincts, State Apartments and St George’s Chapel. At the magnificent State Apartments, admire priceless works of art by Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci. Head to St. George’s Chapel from there and see the final resting place of former monarchs like Henry VIII and his favourite wife Jane Seymour, Queen Mary, and Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. It is one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in England, so don't miss the chance to admire its stone ceiling and ornate walls. It is also the very chapel that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were wed in 2018.
The Semi-State Rooms are the private apartments created for George IV. Feast your eyes on some of the most elaborately decorated rooms in the Castle with richly colored wallpaper and golden furniture. The immersive commentary of your multimedia guide includes interviews with the Royal Household's staff, who will explain the role of the Castle today as an official residence of The Queen and how it is used for official entertaining, State and ceremonial occasions. Generously woven into the tour are the treats to the senses, from the music of St George’s Chapel choir to the chimes of the famous collection of clocks.
Explore Queen Mary's Dolls' House, a fascinating miniature home with plenty of charming details such as working lights, running water and a tiny garden. Even its library is full of original works by famous writers of the day! If you're lucky enough, and the weather permits it, you might even catch a glimpse of the legendary Changing of the Guards ceremony.
- Entry to the State Apartments
- Visit St George’s Chapel
- Entry to the Semi-State Rooms (autumn to spring only)
- Visit Queen Mary's Dolls' House
- Multilingual multimedia guide
- Hotel transfers
Know Before You Go
- The Semi-State Rooms are closed, and usually open late autumn - spring. The Semi-State Rooms are not open on days when the State Apartments are closed.
- Make sure to wear comfortable footwear as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- The Castle's Admission Centre provides an audio descriptive tour for blind or partially-sighted visitors
- While photographs can be taken outside the Castle buildings, it is not permitted inside St George's Chapel and the State Apartments
- There is a secure cloakroom in the China Museum at the entrance to the State Apartments for the storage of large items of baggage. However, it is not advisable for you to carry large bags as the Admission Centre is about 10 minutes away from the cloakroom and it is an uphill walk
Windsor Castle Timings
1 Mar 2021 to 31 Oct 2021
- Thu to Mon - 10 AM to 5:15 PM (last admission at 4 PM)
1 Nov 2021 to 31 Mar 2022
- Thu to Mon - 10 AM to 4:15 PM (last admission at 3 PM)
- 16 December 2020 to 16 May 2021
- 12 to 13 June 2021
St. George's Chapel Timings
- No closures scheduled. This is subject to change.
- St George’s Chapel is also closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services.
- The Semi-State Rooms will be open to the public from Sep 2021 to Mar 2022. Please note that when the State Apartments are closed, the Semi-State Rooms will not be open.
Ages 3-16yrs, seniors and students enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
Multimedia Guide Languages
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian & Brazilian Portuguese
Strict Cancellation Policy
This ticket cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is at - Windsor Castle's Admission Centre
- To locate the redemption point on Google Maps, search for - Windsor Castle's Admission Centre
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
By Bus: Get off at the Barclays bus stop. From there, the Castle's entrance is a mere 1-minute walk
By Train: Disembark at the Windsor & Eton Central station. From there, the castle's entrance is a 7-minute walk
This ticket is valid on the date selected during checkout