Windsor Castle Half Day Tour from London
Enter the magnificent Windsor Castle and don't miss a chance to explore the lavish State Apartments and see the impressive artwork that adorns its walls. You will get to spend 2 hours in the castle with a handy audio guide and visit St George’s Chapel.
- Wander into her majesty's favorite weekend residence with an audio guide on this unescorted 2-hour tour
- Explore the lavish State Apartments and admire the impressive artwork by painters like Rembrandt and Da Vinci
- Visit St George’s Chapel, the resting place for many former monarchs, including Henry VIII and his wife Jane Seymour
- Entry to Windsor Castle State Apartments
- Visit Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House & St George’s Chapel
- Transport to the Windsor Castle and back to Gloucester Road in London
- Multilingual audio guide
- Hotel transfers
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Steeped in history, Windsor Castle perches proudly on a lush wooded hill overlooking the Thames. Once you assemble at the designated meeting point, you will be taken to the castle in an air-conditioned wifi-enabled coach. Upon arrival, enjoy a glimpse into the lavish State Apartments, home to priceless artworks by Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci. While you're here, make sure to see the Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House, a beautiful model royal home that features electricity, running water and working lifts! You will also be given a handy multilingual audio guide in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian and Spanish. This tour is unescorted and you will spend approximately 2 hours in Windsor Castle, giving you time to explore at your own pace and breathe in the Royal family's grandeur.
Visit St. George’s Chapel, the atmospheric final resting place of former monarchs including Henry VIII and his favorite wife Jane Seymour, Queen Mary, and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. See the memorials and spend some quiet time wandering around this traditional chapel. By the end of your adventure in Windsor, you won’t just have “seen” Windsor’s most famous sights; you will have discovered their histories, their stories, and what makes them so remarkable.
Know Before You Go
Days of Departure
1 Apr to 30 Sep: Daily
- Check-In Time: 1:30 PM from Victoria and 1:45 PM from Kensington Office
- Departure Time: 1:45 PM from Victoria and 2 PM from Kensington Office
- Return Time: 6:30 PM (approx.)
1 Oct - 31 Mar: Wed, Fri, and Sun
- Check-In Time: 11:30 AM from Victoria and 11:45 AM from Kensington Office
- Departure Time: 11:45 AM from Victoria and 12:00 PM from Kensington Office
- Return Time: 5:30 PM (approx.)
- 14 Jun 2020 – The State Apartments will be closed
- 15 Jun 2020 – Castle completely closed. Tour will visit Hampton Court Palace instead
- 16 Jun 2020 – The State Apartments will be closed
- 25 and 26 Dec – Castle completely closed
- When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House and the Drawings Gallery will remain open
- St. George’s Chapel closes at 1 PM on 23 and 24 Dec
- St. George’s Chapel is usually closed to visitors on Sundays too, as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services
- During peak hours, additional vehicles that are not WiFi-enabled maybe used
- There is a secure cloakroom in the China Museum at the entrance to the State Apartments for the storage of large items of baggage. Make sure you do not carry heavy bags as the Admission Centre to the Cloakroom takes about 10 minutes and is an uphill walk
- While photographs can be taken outside the Castle buildings, it is not permitted inside St George's Chapel and the State Apartments
Multilingual audio guides are provided at Windsor Castle in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish.
Seniors, students, and children aged 3 to 16 years enjoy reduced prices. A family ticket of 2 adults and 2 children can also be availed
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your guide at Greenline Coach Terminal, Bus Stop #3
- Address: Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH, United Kingdom Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- Closest bus stop is Londyn, which stops right across from the meeting point
- Buses 05EX will bring you here
- Closest subway station is Victoria Station, a 5-minute walk to the meeting point
- Victoria, Circle, and district lines will bring you here
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected at checkout.