Skip the Line Guided Tour of Wieliczka Salt Mine
Visit the legendary Wieliczka Salt Mine, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that has over 2,400 underground chambers featuring salt monuments, a cathedral, and mining technology that dates back to the 13th century!
- Make your way to one of Poland’s most famous historic monuments, the Wieliczka Salt Mine.
- Enjoy skip-the-line entry into the centuries-old underground mine.
- Explore the maze of chambers, salt monuments and shrines that date back to the 13th century.
- Learn more about one of the world's oldest operating salt mines from an expert guide.
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee
- Photography fees - 10 PLN (can be paid at the venue)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Set off on a journey to the underground salt mine of Wieliczka along with a knowledgeable and interactive guide. Explore a complex labyrinth of tunnels and chambers that are distributed across nine levels, to up to 327 meters below the surface of the Earth. Walk along the passageways and admire the hundreds of kilometers of galleries with works of art, an underground lake, chapels, and statues sculpted in salt.
Besides being the world’s largest mining heritage museum, Wieliczka Salt Mine is also steeped in history and folklore. Read up about the legend of Saint Kinga, who threw her engagement ring into the Maramures salt mine in what was then Hungary. The ring miraculously traveled along with salt deposits to Wieliczka, where it was found by miners. It is on this exact spot that they erected a statue of Saint Kinga, carved entirely from salt. Another highlight of the Wieliczka Salt Mine is the underground salt lake, whose water is similar to that of the Dead Sea!
know before you go
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- There are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start.
- Carry warm clothing (temperatures can drop to 14 degrees as you descend the mine).
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is plenty of walking involved.
- The photography fee is 10 PLN that you can pay on the spot.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Wieliczka Salt Mine.
- Address: Daniłowicza 10, 32-020 Wieliczka, Poland.
- To locate the point on Google Maps, simply search for - Wieliczka Salt Mine.
- The nearest bus stop is ‘Wieliczka Kopalnia Soli.’ It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Buses #224, J1, and S1 will get you here.
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout.