Guided Tour of Wieliczka Salt Mine with Round-Trip Transfers and Lunch
Discover the fascinating history of the Wieliczka Salt Mine, an underground wonderland full of incredible salt sculptures, chambers, and unique artworks.
- Explore the spectacular Wieliczka Salt Mine, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- With a professional guide by your side, delve into the history and significance of the Salt Mines.
- Enjoy hassle-free transfers to and from the attraction.
- Delight in a ride on an original elevator used through the centuries by miners.
- Get a chance to purchase some unique souvenirs made from rock salt at the attraction.
- Munch on the delicious contents of the lunch box included in your ticket, offering vegetarian and meat options.
- Pick-up from the hotel or from the nearest possible pick-up point
- Private transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Service of an experienced driver/English-speaking tour manager
- Entry tickets
- Tour with a professional guide (English, Spanish, French, German, or Italian)
- Audio equipment rental
- Food: Lunchbox with ham or Cheese Sandwich or Hummus Sandwich Fruits, Chocolate
- Drinks: Water
- Photo permission (10 PLN fee paid on the spot)
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Located about 16 kilometers to the south of Cracow, the entire experience takes about 5 hours in total. You will be picked up from your hotel or the nearest pick-up point and can enjoy a relaxing ride to the attraction.
At the salt mine, you will see all the excavated holes, ramps, galleries, chambers, and shafts in all their glory, along your special tourist route. The route is approximately 135 meters below ground level. You must descend down 800 stairs to reach the starting point of the tour. A guide will accompany you throughout the experience, giving you incredible insight into the salt mine. This route is approximately 2 kilometers and will take you about 3 hours to explore. At the end of the tour, you will take an elevator ride back to the top. You will then be transferred back to the starting point, completing an enlightening experience.
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Guests must wear a mask covering their mouths and noses at all times during the tour and bus journey.
- Guests may be subject to a temperature check before being allowed to board the transfer bus.
- Please maintain social distancing throughout the tour, maintaining at least a distance of 2 meters with other guests.
- Pick-up is possible from the hotels located in the center of Krakow. If your hotel location is in an area beyond this or in an area with limited traffic/accessibility, then you will be picked up from the nearest possible pickup place. The exact location and pickup time will be provided to you by the tour operator at least a day before your scheduled tour.
- Please note that there is a lot of walking with this experience, and you will have to go down 800 stairs. It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes.
- The temperature inside the salt mine may be as low as 14 to 16 degrees Celsius. It is recommended that you wear comfortable, warm clothing.
- Visitors may undergo a personal and bag security check at the attraction.
- The maximum dimensions of a bag that can be carried inside the attraction is 35x 20 x 20 cm.
- The sightseeing tour takes place in a group.
- You have to go back to the surface by elevator.
The Museum is open all year long, seven days a week. You can start the visit in the following hours:
9am - 4pm January, February, March, November, December
9am - 5pm March, April
8am - 6pm May
8am - 8pm June, July, August
9am - 6pm October
English Guided Tour
- Everyday at 9am, 10am, 11am, 1pm, and 3:40pm
Spanish Guided Tour
- Everyday at 12:40pm and 3:40pm
French Guided Tour
- Everyday at 1pm
Italian Guided Tour
- Everyday at 12:40pm
German Guided Tour
- Everyday at 1pm
Note: The salt mine is closed on the 1st of January, during Easter, on 1st of November, and on 24-25th of December.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 30 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel.
- Pick-up is possible from the hotels located in the center of Cracow. If your hotel location is in an area beyond this or in an area with limited traffic/accessibility, then you will be picked up from the nearest possible pickup place. The exact location and pickup time will be provided to you by the tour operator at least a day before your scheduled tour.
- On the day of the tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 30 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.