Montparnasse Guided Walking Tour
Discover the artistic legacy of Montparnasse and the little-known hidden gems of this wonderful Parisian neighborhood.
- Start your tour with Boulevard du Montparnasse. Once frequented by the crème de la crème of the artistic and literary circles in Paris, this was the place to be in the old days of Paris.
- Take a tour of the Sphinx, a former brothel, and The Monocle, a women-only nightclub.
- Visit the street dedicated to the exuberant life and career of Josephine Baker.
- View the graves of iconic figures like Jean-Paul Sartre, Guy de Maupassant, and Samuel Beckett at the famous Montparnasse cemetery.
- Appreciate the grand scale of the Montparnasse Tour, one of Paris’ tallest buildings, from the outside.
- An experienced, English speaking local guide
- Meal inclusions
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
In the roaring Twenties, Montparnasse established itself as the artistic hub of Paris. On this guided tour of this must-see area of Paris, you’ll first view the Boulevard du Montparnasse, It’s definitely worth a visit due to its history as being a favorite meeting place among intellectuals and artists of the early 20th century. You can visit the brasseries that were frequented by the likes of Jean Cocteau, Pablo Picasso, and Ernest Hemingway. While exploring this Parisian neighborhood, you may come across unassuming locations like The Sphinx and The Monocle. But don’t be fooled, your tour guide will regale you with stories about the sensational nightlife of these two buildings from the 1930s and 1940s. Moreover, you will learn interesting facts about Paris’s most celebrated Black artist – Josephine Baker – as you walk through the street named in her honor.
The Montparnasse Cemetery is a popular landmark that is favored by tourists for its soothing atmosphere. Here, you can take a walk among the graves of Simone de Beauvoir, Jean-Paul Sartre, and Charles Baudelaire. Take your time strolling through the bustling theater district of Rue de la Gaite. Or else, savour mouth-watering chantilly crêpes at Rue Delambre to get a taste of Paris’ finest culinary treats. The tour will come to an end at the Tour Montparnasse. The towering structure is a remarkable monument, stretching 210 meters in the air, which you can observe from the outside.
know before you go
- Boulevard du Montparnasse - Rue Delambre - Place de Josephine Baker - The Sphinx - The Monocle - Montparnasse Cemetery - Rue de la Gaite - Tour Montparnasse
- Wear comfortable shoes as a lot of walking is involved.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed.
- Photography is allowed.
- Suitable for wheelchair users and pram/stroller users.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
- Baggage can be carried along.
- Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun: 3pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled tour time to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide in front of the church: Église de Notre-Dame des Champs.
- Address: 91 Bd du Montparnasse, 75006 Paris, France.
- Your guide will be holding an orange sign titled ‘ExperienceFirst’.
- The closest metro station is Montparnasse-Bienvenüe, a 3-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Line 4, 6, 12, and 13 will bring you here.
- Vavin is another metro station close by, a 2-min walk to the meeting point. Line 4 will bring you here.
- The closest bus stop is Montparnasse - Cinémas, a 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Buses 58, 82, and 91 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.