From Auckland: Waitomo Glowworm Caves Small Group Tour
- Enjoy a drive from Auckland through the Waikato countryside.
- Pass through Taupiri, and see several local Maori burial grounds.
- Break for coffee at Pirongia and continue towards Otorohanga.
- Arrive at Waitomo Caves and follow your guide through the ancient caves.
- Hop on a boat for a cruise on the grotto river.
- See thousands of glowworms sparkling above you.
- Stop outside Big Bird to meet some local animals.
- Upgrade your ticket to include a trip to Rotorua or/and Te Puia.
- Small group tour
- Expert guide
- Entry tickets
- Bottled water
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Waitomo Glowworm Caves Small Group Tour from Auckland
From Auckland, enjoy a drive south through the stunning Waikato countryside, and pass through Taupiri. The town is home to several local Maori burial grounds & cultural totem poles. Your guide will fill you in on local history before you break for coffee at Pirongia. Continue towards Otorohanga, and can spot all things Kiwi along the way. Arrive at Waitomo Caves and follow your guide through the ancient caves. They are home to impressive stalactites, stalagmites, and lime columns. Descend even further underground and board a boat for a cruise on the grotto river. There will be thousands of glowworms sparkling above you! This feature has been unique to New Zealand for over 120 years, and the glowworms are a must-see for any traveler.
On the way out of Waitomo, stop outside Big Bird to see and meet some local animals. These guys might even come to the fences for a photo or two! Finish off your tour with a fully guided return trip to Auckland. There will be secret stops along the way.
Auckland to Rotorua via Waitomo Caves Small Group Tour - One Way (optional)
With this ticket option, you'll make your way to discover the stunning Waitomo ancient caves & head underground for your glowworm experience. You will then embark on a scenic drive to the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua. Here you shall explore famous attractions like Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blue Baths, Thermal Springs & Polynesian Spa before you are dropped off at your accommodation in the central Rotorua location.
Waitomo Caves & Rotorua Small Group Tour including Te Puia from Auckland (optional)
You can also upgrade your ticket to include a fully guided visit to Te Puia for the perfect day trip from Auckland. You'll come across fascinating geothermal & cultural wonders spread across a beautiful landscape including mud pools, Pōhutu Geyser, Māori Architecture, and geothermal craters. You can even catch a glimpse of a Kiwi bird in the Kiwi viewing house.
know before you go
know before you go
- Please note that the tour timings can extend up to 13hrs long, depending on if/which optional extra is selected.
- Tour departs at 7:30 AM.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel.
- This is applicable to all hotels in Auckland.
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location.
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.