Skip-the-Line English Guided Tour of Vysehrad Castle with Tickets to Casemates (Gorlice)
Being lesser known, this 2.5 hour guided tour lets you explore the beautiful Vyšehrad Castle without the usual tourist crowds. Walk along with your expert guide to uncover the myths and legends of the castle, the neo-Gothic Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul, as well as the intriguing Vyšehrad casemates.
- Enjoy priority access to explore the beautiful medieval fortress.
- Take in the stunning vista of Prague from Vyšehrad’s fortified walls.
- Dive into the history and legends surrounding the castle with your expert guide.
- Admire the exquisite Art Nouveau decor of the Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul.
- Take a walk through the famous Vyšehrad Cemetery.
- Explore the mysterious underground area of Vyšehrad Fortress.
- Entry into St. Peter’s and Paul’s Basilica
- Entry into Vyšehrad Casemates
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Metro ticket
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Originally a medieval royal residence, the Vyšehrad Castle was unfortunately devastated and abandoned during the Hussite Wars towards the culminating years of the Middle Ages. Later, it was converted into a strong Baroque fortress. Having played a significant role in the oldest of Czech legends, the fortress has stood the test of time.
After you meet your guide in front of the National Museum, you will enjoy a short and scenic metro ride on your way to the Fort. As you enter the gates, you will come across a sizeable park area. Here, you will discover several hidden gems including the Romanesque Chapel of St. Martin from the late 11th century. Continue on towards the Collegiate Church of Saints Peter and Paul (attached to Vyšehrad’s Royal Collegiate Chapter). After undergoing a number of modifications since its construction in the 11th century, the Church sports a neo-Gothic appearance from the 19th century, and is beautifully adorned by Art Nouveau frescoes.
The tour continues as you walk through the adjoining Vyšehrad Cemetery. As a prominent resting place in the city, you will be able to see the tombs and graves of notable Czech greats, including Antonín Dvořák, Alfons Mucha, and Karel Čapek. Take some time to learn about their life and work from your guide. If you are eager for more, you can venture forth into the mysterious underground casemates inside Vyšehrad’s fortified walls. Made up of vaults and corridors, their primary purpose was defense. Visit the vault Gorlice to see some original Baroque statues from Charles Bridge.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- The maximum capacity is reduced to 50% of regular capacity.
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Protective equipment such as face masks and hand sanitizer is provided depending on type of activity.
Daily from 2pm.
Duration: 2.5 hours
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult (18+).
- Wear comfortable shoes as the tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- During autumn/winter, make sure that you wear warm clothing and bring along an umbrella in case of rain.
Infants aged 5 and under go free. Children aged 6-15 enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15-20 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Meet your guide in front of the National Museum.
- Our guide will be holding an orange umbrella for easy recognition.
- Address : Vaclavské náměstí 68, 110 00 Praha 1, Czechia.
By Bus - The closest bus stop is Muzeum, which is within a 2-minute walk from the meeting point. - Buses #905, 907, 908 and 911 will bring you here.
By Tram - The closest tram stop is Muzeum, which is within a 3-minute walk from the meeting point. - Tram #11 will bring you here.
By Train - Lines EC, EC170 and EC174 will bring you to the Praha hl.n. railway station. - The meeting point is within a 10-12 minutes walk from the station.
The ticket is valid for the date and time selected during the checkout.