Hamburg Harbor Cruise & Elbphilharmonie Guided Tour
Combining the allure of a cruise along the Hamburg harbour stretch with a guided visit to one of its most famous landmarks, the Elbphilharmonie, this is the chance to discover the unique maritime flair of the port of Hamburg.
- With a local and knowledgable expert by your side, explore Germany's cultural landmark, the magnificent Neo-Gothic building of Elbphilharmonie
- Take a ride on the world’s longest curved escalator and view the harbour from a bird’s eye perspective
- Enjoy spectacular views atop the Elbphilharmonie with access to the Plaza's terrace, overlooking the vibrant Hamburg port.
- Delve into the urban harbour and explore its traditional allure on a relaxing cruise
- The 1-hour harbour cruise will give you a wonderful insight into the history of the Speicherstadt and the Kontorhaus district with live commentary by onboard skippers
What To Expect
Meet your tour guide at the Baumwall subway station. Once the group is ready, your guide will lead you by foot to the Elbphilharmonie for a thrilling one-hour tour. You’ll catch a glimpse of its glass facade appearing like a massive ship as it towers over the river. The tour includes a ride on the Tube, the world's longest curved escalator, allowing you to glance over the harbour from high above. After a tour of the building, your guide will lead you to the Plaza's terrace. From this vantage point, you can enjoy stunning views of Elbphilharmonie and Hamburg as the guide points out the vibrant Port of Hamburg, the landing bridges, the Michel and HafenCity. This tour guarantees great and insightful stories on Hamburg with amazing photo opportunities.
Once you've explored the Elbphilharmonie, head to the next highlight of the day which is the harbour tour. The one-hour tour begins at St. Pauli Landungsbrücken. You get to pick the vessel of your choice between a traditional barge and a spacious salon ship, after which you’re off to get a taste of cruise air. From the historic and splendid red-brick warehouses of Speicherstadt to the architectural masterpieces of HafenCity, you will discover that this is a place where history meets modernity. A skipper on the board will provide live commentary as you pass the major attractions along the way, allowing you to grasp your surroundings in a more insightful way.
- 1-hour Elbphilharmonie tour
- Access to the Elbe Philharmonic Hall Plaza
- Certified tour guide during the Elbphilharmonie tour
- 1-hour long harbour cruise with live commentary
- Guided tour of the concert halls
- Additional Gratuities
Know Before You Go
Timings: Every day (in German) at 11.00 am, 1.30 pm and 3.00 pm
Duration: 2.5 hrs
- Please note that the concert halls can not be visited on this tour because there are several orchestral rehearsals conducted during the day.
- Note: If you want to cruise through the Speicherstadt, you should opt for the barge as the bridges in the Speicherstadt region are too low for the large passenger ships to get through.
- During low tides, the canals of the Speicherstadt district can not be used during the harbour tour.
- The tour guide will not accompany you from the Elbphilharmonie to the Landungsbrücken.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on cancelling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after purchase.
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID to your tour guide at the time of redemption.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
Please check your final voucher for ticket redemption point details and specific instructions.
These tickets are valid for the date and time selected during booking.
- This tour does not include visiting the concert halls. Special concert hall tours are only offered by the Elbphilharmonie itself and are not included in the "normal" city tours as rehearsals and performances take place during the day. These special tours should be booked months in advance as the demand is very high.