Colosseum, Ancient Rome and Roman Vineyards with Wine Tasting Small Group Tour
Witness the splendour of Ancient Rome on this informative journey into the world of classical Europe. The added wine-tasting session at one of the popular vineyards in the area is also a compelling reason to take this tour.
- Skip the long lines and visit the Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, and the famous Colosseum.
- The local guide will tell you everything you need to know about the places you will be visiting.
- A diverse wine tasting experience consisting of one white wine, two reds, one dessert wine, one extra-virgin olive oil, and two kinds of bruschetta - fresh tomatoes and plain.
- You can enjoy lunch at local restaurants, go shopping, and explore the city in general between tours
The first attraction on the itinerary is the iconic Colosseum itself. The guide will tell you about thrilling historical gladiator fights and all the other events organised in this massive amphitheatre. Once you have finished exploring the colosseum, you can move on to the Roman forum. This is where political debates and festivals were held. You will then be taken to Palatine Hill, one of the seven serene hills that surround Rome. You will be free to explore the city, eat at local cafes, or shop for souvenirs for some time.
You will then get an opportunity to visit the prestigious Pallavicini Estate shortly after lunch. Here, you will learn about how the Pallavicini family developed its wine production techniques. The vast grounds with olive trees and grapevines is the perfect place for a leisurely stroll.
Savour the award-winning red and white wines in a classic 17th-century farmhouse. The ‘Stillato’, Pallavicini’s irresistible dessert wine, and their trademark olive oil with tomato bruschetta is a treat like no other. The tour covers Rome in a comprehensive manner. On the one hand, you will get to visit monuments like the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. On the other, you can enjoy the pastoral pleasures of Italy with exotic wines.
- Skip the line and visit three archaeological sites
- Taste wine in Rome’s popular Frascati area
- A guide who is proficient in the English language
- Headsets will also be provided for the morning tour
- Visit the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and the Roman Forum
- You will be taken around by private coaches
- Pick up, and drop-off services from your hotel are not included
Know Before You Go.
The Colosseum and Rome Vineyards with Wine Tasting Small Groups Tour starts at 10:00 AM. The tour is operational only on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
At the colosseum, the ground is quite uneven, and hence it is not possible to accommodate customers on wheelchairs or other walking difficulties.
Your guide will be proficient in English. In the case of a private tour, guides who speak German, Italian, French, Spanish, or Portuguese can also be demanded.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
Europe has some real gems
2 tours - Vatican with Phillipe was incredible. Co,leseum with Alwssandra was also exceptional. 2nd tour was combined with Laurafor wine tasting and also exceptional. Only issue with 2nd tour was that wasn’t clear on how we got between location and arrangements - felt this could have been better
I've always dreamed of living in Frascati, so when I got these tickets I was ecstatic
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive an email confirmation with your mobile voucher instantly. You may display the same on your mobile device along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point. Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure of your tour.
For the Colosseum Tour: At Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". Please be here at sharp 9:45 am. Tour will depart at 10 am.
For the Rome Vineyards Tour: At Piazza Re di Roma, in the exact center-point of the square. Please be here at sharp 2:45 pm. Tour will depart at 3 pm.
The ticket is valid only for the date and time for which you have scheduled the booking.
Colosseo Metro Stop, Rome