Early Access Guided Tour to Montserrat Monastery from Barcelona
Embark on an early morning tour of the Montserrat Monastery, and discover the stunning attraction and its breathtaking surrounding landscape. With transfers in an air-conditioned bus already arranged, a hassle-free experience awaits you!
- Discover the beauty of the Montserrat Monastery and see some of its most famous sights
- Savor some of the exclusive liquors handmade by monks of the monastery
- Enjoy a relaxed ride in an air-conditioned bus through the beautiful mountain roads
- Look out for the impressive 12th century Black Madonna sculpture inside the Basilica
- Admire the architecture of the basilica, which combines Gothic and Renaissance styles
- With an expert local guide by your side, learn a great deal about the history and culture of the attraction
You will start your trip in your comfortable coach at the meeting point of the tour, right outside the centrally located Hard Rock Cafe, just as the sun is about to rise. Travel a ways outside the city before ascending the mountain steadily, enjoying the majestic views as you go along, with your guide talking to you about Catalonian history and specialties.
Visit the Basilica of Montserrat, which houses the Virgin of Montserrat, who was the patron saint of Catalonia, undisturbed by the usual crowds with your guide at your side, regaling you with tales of the old monastery and how it was founded. The little monastery first gained fame and recognition when it started receiving pilgrims and visitors who spread the word of the miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Though the Monastery has modernized, it still caters to the needs of the pilgrims that stop here. You can also admire from a distance the famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of the Verge Moreneta, better known as the Black Madonna. The treasures within the monastery are almost as breathtaking as the views from it, especially in the dazzling morning sun.
You will then be given some free time to learn about the creation of Montserrat and admire its rich history, as well as getting to taste the typical liquors of the mountain, hand made at the monastery itself.
- Air-conditioned motor coach
- Expert bilingual guide
- Taste of 4 typical liquors, handmade by the monks of the monastery
- Tickets to the Monteserrat
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Ages 0-2yrs go free. Ages 3-11yrs enjoy reduced pricing (please carry a valid photo ID)
1 Apr to 31 Oct
Mon to Sun: 6:45 AM
1 Nov to 31 Mar
Tue, Thur, & Sat - 7:30 AM
Spanish and English
Know Before You Go
- Please note that a dress code is needed to enter the venue. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women, and flip flops are not permitted
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are recommended since there is a significant amount of walking on the tour
- The average temperature is often low, in the range of 13 - 14 degrees Celsius. Carry warm clothing, especially during winter and autumn
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry a valid photo ID for verification
- Please ensure that you arrive at least 15 minutes in advance to avoid any delays
- Your meeting point is in front of the Hard Rock Cafe (Plaça de Catalunya, 21, 08002 Barcelona, Spain)
- Your guide will be waiting for you at this spot
- He/she will be holding a bright pink umbrella for easy recognition
- This is the meeting point for both tour times, 8:30 AM & 9:15 AM
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Nearest metro station is Universitat, which is a 5-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Metro lines L1 and L2 stop here
- Nearest bus stop is La Rambla - Pl Catalunya, a 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Buses #59 & V13 stop here
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout