Venice Gondola Serenade
Enjoy cruising down the Grand Canal while a musician serenades you with traditional Italian songs. You will be transported to the medieval era when the rich and famous traversed the canals with a serenade of their own. Admire the shiny lights of the city and the stunning architecture from the water in the quintessential Venetian Gondola Ride!
- Explore the canals of the ‘Floating City’ in a gondola ride
- Enhance the experience with a wonderful musical serenade of traditional Italian songs
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The elegant flat-bottomed rowboat, the Gondola is the distinctive icon of Venice. Every photograph, story and memory of Venice is bound to have a gondola in it! For centuries, the gondolas were the only means of transport across the numerous canals of the city, becoming a spot for rendezvous both romantic and otherwise.
Today, there are about 400 gondolas which ferry tourists across the city. Their striking black and white striped uniform and aesthetic gondolas form a pretty picture against the charming background of Venice. You will have an authentic Venetian experience on this gondola ride through the canals of Venice and the mellifluous serenade by the musicians and singer on board will just make it an everlasting memory for you!
Venice, the City of Canals, is one of Italy’s most beautiful destinations. The canals are the lifeline of the city, they helped turn the city into an economic and cultural powerhouse, elevating the city to the status of ‘La Dominante’! You will go on a Gondola ride through the Grand Canal of Venice where life hasn’t changed much for centuries. The stunning buildings with their facades facing the canals have each a story to tell about Venice.
Your experience of Venice from the serene waters of the canal will be heightened with a serenade. Your gondola will be a part of a flotilla of gondolas where one of them will have a singer and musician on board. You can enjoy the pleasant music as you cruise along the canals watching the city pass by. You will cross many spectacular buildings with unique architecture. You will explore the secret canals and go under bridges. The twilight and the city’s lights create a magical time when you can imagine Venice in all its glory!
- Shared gondola ride for approximately 30 minutes
- Live music with serenade
- Entry to the churches of Torcello
- Food, drinks and any refreshments in the duration of the tour
- Tips and any other gratuities on the tour
- Commentary on the gondola tour
Know Before You Go
- From 1st November to 31st March – 3:30 PM
- From 1st April to 31st October – 6:30 PM and 7:30 PM
The shared serenade is not available on the following dates:
- September 2, 2018 (6:30 PM)
- July 20, 2019 (6:30 PM)
- September 1, 2019 (6:30 PM)
- November 21, 2018
- November 21, 2019
- December 25, 2018
- December 25, 2019
- January 1, 2019
- January 1, 2020
The shared serenade is also not available in the case of exceptionally bad weather.
Shared Serenade Tour: Campo Santa Maria del Giglio (in front of The Gritti Palace Hotel).
The Gondola landing stage is located in “Campo Santa Maria del Giglio”. Once by the Bell Tower in St. Mark’s Square, leaving the Basilica behind you proceed straight on to the left corner of the Square (near the Correr Museum). Pass the arches and go straight on until you reach Campo San Moisè. Cross the bridge and proceed along the street “Calle XXII Marzo” until you reach “Campo Santa Maria del Giglio”. Once there turn left leaving the Church behind you, go straight on to the waterfront and you will find the Gondola landing stage.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
- Each gondola can hold maximum 6 people. The seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending on guest’s weight.
- The shared gondola serenade includes a couple of musicians (a singer + a musician) who will be aboard one of the gondolas to perform throughout the trip. Each gondola does not have musicians, and in order for the guests to listen to the serenade, the musicians will be aboard a gondola in the center of the row.
- Please note that the tour is not accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- We recommend that you wear comortable shoes for this tour.
- The ticket for children under the age of 2 is free if the child does not occupy its own seat.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You can cancel your tickets up to 24 hours prior to departure.
A peaceful gondola ride in the back canals
The ride was quite nice, it was still daylight when we went but it didn't hamper the experience. The musician was talented and the whole system of shared gondolas surprisingly worked.
Venice is crazy, too many people, but somewhere this gondolier singing transports you back in time.
You will receive an email with your voucher shortly upon completion of your booking and payment. There is no need to print. Please download the voucher onto your mobile phone and display it at the meeting point to begin your tour.
Campo Santa Maria del Giglio (in front of The Gritti Palace), Venice