Museum Willet-Holthuysen Admission Ticket
Explore one of Netherland’s first private collection at your own pace. Discover the treasures of the Golden Age of Netherlands and study the rich architecture and design at the Willet-Holthuysen Museum
Museum Willet-Holthuysen Highlights
- Discover remnants of the Dutch Golden Age at the museum as you discover one of the earliest private collections in Netherlands.
- See magnificent collections of items including Venetian glass, German porcelain, weapons, rare literature, and prints at the venue.
Why Visit Museum Willet-Holthuysen
A double-mansion built in 1687, the Willet-Holthuysen museum was converted to a public museum in 1895. The remnants of the Golden Age of the Dutch are clearly visible in both the external structure as well as the internal exhibits and decorations. Through its test against time, the museum has housed several prominent families and has been adorned by paintings and artworks procured by the elite.
The Willet-Holthuysen Museum is managed by the Amsterdam Museum. With the legacy of Louisa Willet-Holthuysen (1895), the city of Amsterdam has been in possession of this important 19th-century private collection for over a hundred and twenty years, of which a large part is presented in the original historical ambiance of the museum.
You can also avail a guided tour at an additional charge of € 1 in Dutch, English, Russian, German, Italian, Spanish and French. This audio tour takes you on a journey with the last residents of the house and gives you insights into the house while narrating stories from the venue. Walk through the enchanting house and adore the works of arts on display in this quaint, luxurious museum.
Your Museum Willet-Holthuysen Experience
Dive into the past with a visit to the Willet-Holthuysen Museum. Uncover the traditional architecture and design language that was prevalent in the Golden Age of the Dutch. Discover the legacies of the last owners, Abraham Willet and Louisa Holthuysen and explore their private collection now turned public. Involve yourself in their lives and discover the livelihoods of the elite as you peruse through the collection valued at millions today.
- Willet-Holthuysen Admission Ticket
Know Before You Go
- Museum Timings: Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm; Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Child Ticket: Individuals between 5-18 must avail the child ticket. Children younger than 5 years old will be allowed free of charge.
- The building does not allow wheelchair users or scooters.
- Registered help dogs will be allowed within the venue. Pets will not be.
- Please leave your backpacks and umbrellas at the cloakroom or in a locker. We cannot accept suitcases or other travel bags.
- Photos and videos may be taken for private use; however, tripods may not be used.
- Please switch your phone to 'silent'.
- Always follow any instructions given by security staff.
This tour cannot be canceled once booked. No refunds/reimbursements will be provided once the booking is confirmed.
Your voucher will be emailed to you. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Museum Willet-Holthuysen, Herengracht 605, 1017 CE, Amsterdam
Other experiences similar to Museum Willet-Holthuysen Admission Ticket