Palace of Versailles Entry Ticket with Audioguide
With your basic entry ticket to the Palace of Versailles, tour the magnificent Grand Apartments and visit the stunning Hall of Mirrors as your audio guide demystifies some of the Palace’s most enticing secrets. On this tour, you will also get an optional entry to the King's Private Apartments with the palace's official guide.
- Tour the magnificent Grand Apartments as your audio guide demystifies some of the Palace’s most enticing secrets.
- Visit the stunning Hall of Mirrors - a corridor filled with 357 mirrors that majestically reflect the gardens through arched windows.
- Learn about the French monarchy and peek into the private lives of the infamous King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette.
- Get a complimentary Palace of Versailles Visitor Guide packed with information that will help you plan your Versailles visit.
- Explore the private apartments of the King with an optional tour.
What to Expect
Begin your visit by exploring the ornate King and Queen's State Apartments. Learn about the French monarchy and peek into the private lives of the infamous King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette. Next, make your way to the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Designed to protect the ornate walls and ceilings from smoke, the hall’s 357 mirrors were strategically placed to reflect the light of candles. With just a few flames, the reflection from so many mirrors was enough to light up the whole hall! After admiring the inside of the Palace, head outdoors and take in the grandeur of the estate’s impressive architecture. Stroll along the cobblestone grounds and pass by the gorgeous Versailles fountains. At the Carrosses Gallery, travel back in time as you explore carriages, coaches, sculptures and other artifacts left behind by the French Monarch.
If you’re short on time or would prefer to skip the long entry lines, a Versailles skip-the-line entry ticket will allow you to save anywhere from 1-3 hours of waiting.
If you happen to visit the Palace on a Tuesday, Saturday or Sunday, consider opting for a Versailles Passport ticket and catch one of the famous water fountain and musical shows.
Each year, it is estimated that approximately 5 million people visit the Palace of Versailles, and between 8 and 10 million people walk its gardens. A place of immense beauty, Versailles stands as a symbol of France’s monarchy and its glorious history.
- Ticket to the Palace of Versailles.
- The Castle (Royal Apartments + Hall of Mirrors).
- The Park.
- The Carrosses Gallery (from 12:30 PM).
- Exclusive Headout Versailles Palace Visitor's Guide
- Priority Access.
- Live Guide.
- Entrance to the Gardens on Fountain Show and Musical Show days (Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays).
- Access to Marie-Antoinette’s Estate.
- Transportation to/from Paris.
- Optional Exclusive tour of King's Private Apartments
Know Before Your Go
Upon entering the Palace through Gate A, bypassing the long ticket purchase lines at the main ticketing office, collect your complimentary audio guide from one of the two pick-up counters located on the ground floor, one at the entrance to the Apartment Ladies and the other at the entrance to the Gallery of Castles. Your ticket gives you access to the most famous places within the royal estate, including the Castle, Park, plus entry to any exhibitions on show at the time of your visit.
However, please know that depending on the day of your visit, there may be a security wait of anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. If you’re short on time and would prefer to skip the long lines, a Versailles skip-the-line entry ticket will allow you to save your time.
Palace of Versailles Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 9 am to 6:30 pm. Last admission is at 5 pm. Closed on Mondays, 25 December and 1 January.
Gallery of Carrosses Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 12:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Closed on Mondays and 25 December and 1 January.
It takes approximately 2-3 hours to tour the Royal Apartments, Hall of Mirrors and Park. However, your ticket grants admission until closing, on the day of your visit.
Audio guides are available in 11 languages: Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese and Russian. There are two audio guide pick-up counters, both located on the ground floor: one at the entrance to the Apartments of Mesdames, and another at the entrance to the Gallery of Castles, just after crossing the Royal Court.
Reduced Price Tickets
Admission is free for children below the age of 18 and for EU citizens below the age of 26
The Palace of Versailles is located only 30 minutes from central Paris. The main entrance to the Palace of Versailles is by the Cour d'Honneur. To reach by train, you have several options:
• Take RER line C to Versailles Rive Gauche. From the station, it’s just a 10-minute walk to the Palace.
• From Paris Montparnasse train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Chantiers station, an 18-minute walk to the Chateau.
• From Paris Saint Lazare train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Rive Droite station, a 17-minute walk to the Château.
You can find RER and SNCF trains schedule at www.transilien.com.
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
I was psyched about the Carrosses gallery and bought these tickets on a whim. Was such a good use of my money
Apart from the fact that we couldn't visit Marie Antoinette's estate, this was the perfect ticket. We were stunned by the Hall of Mirrors, took us a good hour to get out of there
If there was something lacking in this ticket, it was a tour guide. An audio guide is effective, but we missed out on the humor and live interaction. Also the Versailles Palace was amazing
How to Redeem your Tickets
You will receive your Palace of Versailles Entry Ticket with Audioguide vouchers via email shortly. On the day of your Versailles experience, display your voucher on our mobile phone at Entrance A of the Palace, the Dufour Pavilion, located on the top left side of the Cour d'Honneur courtyard. Please note that, though your tickets allow you to skip the ticketing line, you must still wait in the security line before gaining entry.
These tickets are valid till June 2020. Should you miss your scheduled visit, you can come back later and visit the palace anytime before June 2020.
Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France, Versailles