Montserrat, Sitges and Torres Wine Tour From Barcelona
Experience true Spanish tradition on this tour that takes you to the wine cellars of Torres, the 12th-century Royal Basilica of Montserrat & Sitges, on the Catalan coast.
- Learn about the wine making process of the Penedés wine region
- Visit the Benedictine sanctuary of Montserrat in the Montserrat Mountains
- Discover the breathtaking beauty of the Catalan coast from the comfort of a coach
Depart from Barcelona in a comfortable coach and travel to Penedés, to visit the famous Torres Wine Cellars. After an audio visual introduction to the wineries of the Torres family and the routs of the family itself, you will board a small train and visit the vineyards of Mas La Plana so you can learn the secrets of the wine-making process, gain more knowledge about the features and installations of wineries in this region. Your visit will conclude with a tasting of two wines made in house.
After your visit at the wineries is over, your coach will take you to Montserrat Mountain to a height of over 4,000 feet to visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat. The little monastery first gained fame and recognition when it started receiving pilgrims and visitors who spread the word of the miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Though the Monastery has modernized, it still caters to the needs of the pilgrims that stop here. You can also admire from a distance the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of the Verge Moreneta, better known as the Black Madonna. The treasures within the monastery are almost as breathtaking as the views from it.
You will then me given 3 hours of free time to grab some lunch (not included in your visit) and maybe visit the audio- visual exhibition about the creation of Montserrat and its rich history, as well as getting to taste the typical liquors of the mountain, hand made at the monastery itself. Should the time of year be opportune, you may get to enjoy the beautiful performance by the Escolania of Montserrat, the children’s choir at the sanctuary.
Meet your guide at the appointed time and depart for a guided tour of Sitges, one of the most beautiful villages of the Catalan coast, a popular tourist destination due to it's beautiful beaches, narrow streets and vibrant culture & cuisine. After your guided tour of the picturesque village, feel free to visit the quaint towns and shops and enjoy the gorgeous beaches.
- Luxury motor coach
- Professional guide
- Admission ticket and guided visit to Torres Wine Cellars.
- Tasting of two glasses of wine & 4 typical liquors made by the monks of the monastery
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”
- Guided walking tour in Sitges.
- Food and Beverages
- Pick-up and drop off
Know Before You Go
This tour begins from the Julia Travels Office at 9 AM but you must check in 15 minutes before this time. The duration of this tour is approximately 11 hours.
• Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
• Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
• Montserrat, being a mountain range, gets inclement weather depending on the season so you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold during certain times of the year.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. You must carry a printed copy of the voucher to the meeting point, along with a valid photo ID.
Julia Travel Office - Carrer de Balmes, 5, 08007 Barcelona
The closest stations to Julia Travel are:
Ronda Universitat - Balmes is 71 meters away
Ronda De La Universitat - Balmes is 115 meters away
Rda. Universitat - Pl. Catalunya is 115 meters away
Ronda Universitat, 21 is 162 meters away
You can get to at least one of the above stops by using the following:
Metro: L1, L2, L3, L4
Train: R1, RG1
Bus: 42, 50, 55, C3/4, L94
Click here for a Google Maps location of the Office.
Julià Travel, Carrer de Balmes, 5, Barcelona