Exclusive - The Essence of Tuscany - Chianti Classico, Montalcino, Montepulciano by Luxury mini Van
Experience the harmony between man and nature in the lush heart of Tuscany with its old vineyards and olive groves dotted with medieval villages that ooze out a charm incomparable to anything else. Immerse yourself in ancient farming traditions and indulge in a guided wine and oil tasting in Chianti.
- Travel through far-reaching stretches of terraced landscapes and lush green pastures as you drive straight into the heart of Tuscany to experience nature at its best.
- Explore the medieval villages of Greve, Castellina, Montalcino, and Montepulciano with its ancient walls and surrounding vineyards.
- The stunning scenery in Val d’Orcia will paint a pure and characteristic image of Tuscany that will remain imprinted in memory for years to come.
- Enjoy a guided lunch-tasting of renowned Rosso di Montalcino, Brunello and Super Tuscan wines along with a wide range of local produce at a historic farm.
- Get a taste of Tuscany’s noblest wine of them all - Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, celebrated throughout history as the wine of the nobles.
Experience a subtle balance between mankind and nature as you swift pass verdant landscapes that make up the Tuscan countryside. Owing to its ancient farming traditions of wine, cheese, and meat, the Tuscany region stays true to its reputation and is an escape into the heart of nature.
Arrive at the town of Greve in Chianti which is the local hub of the wine industry and enjoy the medieval air surrounding its historic central square, full of open galleries and local artisan shops. After wandering along for a while, continue to Castellina, a town with a rich history that dates back to 3000 years. Here, just outside the village, in one of the more popular vineyards around the area, you will visit an evocative and historic cellar. Following this, you will be guided through a tasting of different Chianti wines, extra virgin olive oil on Tuscan bread, vin santo with locally produced cantuccini and lavender honey.
Proceed along a panoramic road offering stunning vistas and admire the village of Monteriggioni, a medieval jewel encapsulated within ancient walls. Further along the desert territory of the Crete Senesi, you will arrive at a spot which stands in stark contrast to the landscape - the Val d’Orcia. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the landscape of Val d’Orcia is rural Tuscany at its best, with its rolling hills dotted with cypress trees, castles, and ancient villages of Etruscan origin that accompany the famous route of the Via Francigena, an ancient pilgrim walking trail that crosses Tuscany. Here, at a historic farm, you will be served a guided lunch-tasting of the renowned Rosso di Montalcino, Brunello and Super Tuscan wines as well as a large selection of local products native to the territory. End the meal with a delicious homemade fruit pie. All this is followed by a visit to the cellars with some free time to explore nature on your own.
Your next stop is the village of Montalcino with its surrounding walls and towers that give it the impression of a fourteenth century fortress. Explore its narrow streets and browse through its artisan shops selling authentic products. The last stop awaits only a short panoramic ride away from Montalcino - the city of Montepulciano. Enclosed within fortified walls and perched up high upon a hill standing 1968 meters above sea level, Montepulciano is renowned for its Noble wine as obtained from its surrounding vineyards. Visit one of the many wine cellars in the old town and taste the wine that was a favorite among influential Italian Kings, Popes, and Presidents.
- Hotel pick-up for those staying at hotels centrally located
- Transfers by a luxury minivan
- English-speaking driver
- Guided wine and oil tasting in Chianti
- Guided lunch tasting of Montalcino, Brunello, Super Tuscan red wines and local products
- Tasting of the Nobile di Montepulciano Wine
8:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Reduced Price Tickets
Child tickets are available at a discounted rate.
Know Before You Go
- This is a small group tour of 8 passengers ensuring a more intimate experience.
- A minimum of 4 passengers are required for this tour.
- The driver leads the tour while providing general introductory information. He is not allowed to lead a guided visit inside a city centre, nor to provide any historical and artistic context.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly. Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is in front of Caffè Gilli at Piazza della Repubblica, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy.
- Caffè Gilli is right opposite Hotel Savoy -To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Caffè Gilli.
These tickets are valid for the date and time chosen during purchase.