Skip the Line Versailles Palace tour with Exclusive King’s Apartments Visit
Get a truly intimate look at the life of French Royalty from a time gone by on this tour of the King's Private Apartments. Available exclusively with Headout, your tour gives you priority access to the Palace of Versailles without even a minute's wait in line! Explore the lavishly decorated former living quarters of King Louis the XV and XVI, an area rarely opened to the public, with an official Versailles guide before exploring the rest of the common areas of the Palace at your own pace.
- Take advantage of skip the line access to the Palace of Versailles through the fastest entry into the estate so you don't spend a minute waiting in line!
- If that wasn't enough, embark on a guided tour of the exclusive King’s Private Apartments, rarely included on most tour itineraries, and discover the wondrous scientific galleries, laboratories, and libraries inside with an official Palace of Versailles guide.
- Explore the King's and Queen's Apartments, the former residence of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, as well as the Hall of Mirrors, housing historically significant works of art, with the help of your multilingual audioguide.
- This unique tour gives you all the benefits of a guided tour as well as the freedom to discover the wonders of the Palace on your own, making it the perfect way to visit Versailles!
Unravel The Secrets Of the Private Chambers with this Headout Exclusive Tour
Enjoy this exclusive guided tour to the King’s Private Apartments with the palace's official English speaking guide. Peek into the lives of French royalty with this tour that is generally closed to the public. The Private Apartments of King Louis XIV are home to a magnificent collection of artwork. His son, Louis XV had the Clock Room built inside the apartments. The room’s floor is a clock, displaying the day of the week, month, year, and the lunar quarter. It also features a crystal sphere depicting the solar system. You will also come across other interesting places like the Porcelain Dining Room, Louis XVI’s Library, and the Games Room, all of which were later added to the apartments.
Get a Glimpse of the Past with a Tour of the King's and Queen's Apartment
Overlooking the Midi Parterre, the King and Queen's Apartment initially belonged to Queen Maria Theresa and King Louis XIV. Known for its perfectly symmetrical structure; the apartments are home to the Nobles' Room, the Queen's Personal Bedchambers, the Royal Table Antechamber, and the Queen's Guardroom. Built adjacent to the Marble Courtyard and near the King's Apartment, it is one of the closed areas of the palace and is only accessible through this tour.
Enjoy Touring the Famed Hall of Mirrors
This tour also includes a visit to the Hall of Mirrors. Famous for being the venue of the “Treaty of Versailles”, it is one of the most iconic attractions in France. The hall also consists of artworks depicting famous historical events. These artworks include; “The king governs by himself”, “Reception of the Doge of Genea”, “The Siamese Embassy”, and “Embassy of Mehemet Raza-Bey”.
- Skip the Line Entry to the Palace of Versailles
- Access to the King’s Private Apartments
- Official Versailles Guide on tour of the King’s Private Apartments
- Access to the Hall of Mirrors
- Multilingual Audioguide
- Small Tour Group of 25 or less
- Pick-up and Drop-off
- Access to Gardens Show and the Queen’s Hamlet
Know Before You Go
- A maximum of 25 people can be included in a tour.
- The guide will only be accompanying you on the tour of the King's Private Apartments, beyond which you will get to explore the state apartments with an audioguide.
This tour is available twice a day; morning and afternoon.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
could be booked at the last minute
How To Redeem Your Ticket
Your mobile voucher will be sent to your email shortly. Please display this on your mobile device at the meeting point.
Meet Your Host
You will meet a hostess/host in front of the statue of Louis XIV at Place des Armes, Versailles. She/he will be carrying a Headout sign for easy recognition and will escort you to your meeting point where the guide will be waiting for you.
- Get down at the Versailles-Château–Rive Gauche station, it is a 10-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Take bus line no. 171 and get down at the bus stop near the Palace of Versailles, it is a 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
Louis XIV statue, Place des Armes, Versailles, Paris