Skip the Line Versailles Palace tour with Exclusive King’s Apartments Visit - English Guided Tour
Get a truly intimate look at the life of French Royalty from a time gone by on this tour of the King's Private Apartments. Available exclusively with Headout, your tour gives you priority access to the Palace of Versailles without even a minute's wait in line! Explore the lavishly decorated former living quarters of King Louis the XV and XVI, an area rarely opened to the public, with an official Versailles guide.
- Take advantage of skip the line access to the Palace of Versailles through the fastest entry into the estate so you don't spend a minute waiting in line!
- If that wasn't enough, embark on a guided tour of the exclusive King’s Private Apartments, rarely included on most tour itineraries, and discover the wondrous scientific galleries, laboratories, and libraries inside with an official Palace of Versailles guide.
- Explore the King's and Queen's Apartments, the former residence of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, as well as the Hall of Mirrors, housing historically significant works of art, with the help of your multilingual audioguide.
- This unique tour gives you all the benefits of a guided tour as well as the freedom to discover the wonders of the Palace on your own, making it the perfect way to visit Versailles!
- After the King’s Apartments guided tour you’ll be able to visit the State Apartments and the Gardens of the Palace at your leisure. On Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the Musical / Fountain show in the Gardens is included.
Unravel The Secrets Of the Private Chambers with this Headout Exclusive Tour
Enjoy this exclusive guided tour to the King’s Private Apartments with the palace's official English speaking guide. Peek into the lives of French royalty with this tour that is generally closed to the public. The Private Apartments of King Louis XIV are home to a magnificent collection of artwork. His son, Louis XV had the Clock Room built inside the apartments. The room’s floor is a clock, displaying the day of the week, month, year, and the lunar quarter. It also features a crystal sphere depicting the solar system. You will also come across other interesting places like the Porcelain Dining Room, Louis XVI’s Library, and the Games Room, all of which were later added to the apartments.
Get a Glimpse of the Past with a Tour of the King's and Queen's Apartment
Overlooking the Midi Parterre, the King and Queen's Apartment initially belonged to Queen Maria Theresa and King Louis XIV. Known for its perfectly symmetrical structure; the apartments are home to the Nobles' Room, the Queen's Personal Bedchambers, the Royal Table Antechamber, and the Queen's Guardroom. Built adjacent to the Marble Courtyard and near the King's Apartment, it is one of the closed areas of the palace and is only accessible through this tour.
Enjoy Touring the Famed Hall of Mirrors
This tour also includes a visit to the Hall of Mirrors. Famous for being the venue of the “Treaty of Versailles”, it is one of the most iconic attractions in France. The hall also consists of artworks depicting famous historical events. These artworks include; “The king governs by himself”, “Reception of the Doge of Genea”, “The Siamese Embassy”, and “Embassy of Mehemet Raza-Bey”.
- Skip the Line Entry to the Palace of Versailles
- Access to the King’s Private Apartments
- Official Versailles Guide on tour of the King’s Private Apartments
- Access to the Hall of Mirrors
- Multilingual Audioguide
- Small Tour Group of 25 or less
- Guided Tour with Fountain/Musical Show on Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Pick-up and Drop-off
Know Before You Go
- A maximum of 25 people can be included in a tour.
- The guide will only be accompanying you on the tour of the King's Private Apartments, beyond which you will get to explore the state apartments with an audioguide.
- With these tickets, you will be able to skip the ticket office and head straight to the entrance at Gate A. However, please know that depending on the day of your visit, there may be a security wait of anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Suitcases and large capacity bags are not allowed on the Versailles Estate premises. Bags must not exceed 55cm x 35cm x 20cm and must be deposited at the left luggage offices after going through the security check.
- The following items are not allowed inside the Palace and must be deposited at the left luggage facilities: pushchairs, metal baby carriers, bulky luggage, suitcases, backpacks, umbrellas, and any pointed, sharp objects or blunt instruments.
- Valuable items and clothing cannot be deposited at left luggage.
- Left luggage items should be collected at the end of the visit, before 6 PM in high season (April to October) and until 5 PM in low season (November to March).
- Your tickets are valid for a single entry into the Palace and Gardens. Once you exit the premises, you cannot make another entry with the same tickets.
This tour is available twice a day; morning and afternoon.
Palace of Versailles Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 9 am to 5:30 pm. Closed on Mondays,
Gardens of Versailles Hours
Open daily from 8 am to 8:30 pm during high season (April - October) and from 8 am to 6:00 pm in low season (November to March).
Gallery of Carrosses Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Closed on Mondays.
Estate of Trianon Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 12 PM to 5:30 PM. Closed on Mondays.
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Get down at the Versailles-Château–Rive Gauche station, it is a 10-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Take bus line no. 171 and get down at the bus stop near the Palace of Versailles, it is a 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your host.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
The exact meeting point information will be present on the confirmation voucher. Please read that information carefully.