Hell's Gate Sulphur Spas
Let your worries melt away as you soak in the relaxing sulphur spas at Hell's Gate!
- Trace the footsteps of Maori warriors - visit an active geothermal field and soak in the sulfur pools!
- At 40 degrees, the concentration of sulphur in the water is both rejuvenating and healing.
- Take a moment to admire all the native flora that surrounds you.
- Sulphur spas
- Cool plunge pool
- Swimwear and towels (available for rent on-site)
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Europeans have soaked in the pools at Hell's Gate since the 1840s - all for their medicinal and curative values. It is known that at 40 degrees, the concentration of sulphur within the pools both refreshes and heals you. Use this opportunity to relax and soak in one of the naturally heated geothermal pools, famed for their restorative powers. As you sit back and relax, admire the beautiful native flora around you and you'll soon feel rejuvenated in mind and body.
know before you go
know before you go
- We recommend that women do not use our bathing facilities whilst pregnant. However, it is an individual’s choice and we recommend that you seek advice from your health professional if you are wanting to bathe.
- This experience is recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The spa facility is wheelchair accessible with the appropriate ablutions. The tracks through the geothermal reserve are made with natural stone from the area and therefore we recommend only wheelchairs made for off-road situations accompanied by an experienced helper.
Children aged 3-11 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Hell's Gate Geothermal Reserve and Mud Spa.
- Address: State Highway 30, Tikitere, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
Hell’s Gate provides a complimentary shuttle pick-up and drop-off, available from within the Rotorua central area. Bookings are essential, please check the Hell's Gate website for the latest shuttle timetable and to contact the provider to organize your shuttle service.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.