Mt Cook Skydive: 10,000ft, 13,000ft or 15,000ft
Let the adventurer in you enjoy the thrill of tandem skydiving from 10,000 ft over the highest mountain in New Zealand, Mt Cook.
- Soar over Mt Cook with beautiful views all around you before you take the leap and skydive from 10,000ft - 15,000ft to experience a 30-second freefall accompanied by a trained professional.
- The 10 to 20-minute flight leading up to the jump with giving you ample time to take in the tranquility of the white blanket that covers Mt Cook.
- After the thrilling 30-second free-fall, smoothly glide back down in 3 to 5 minutes under a parachute.
- Depending on how high you like your dose of adrenaline, customize your experience by selecting from the 10,000 ft, 13,000 ft, or 15,000 ft tandem skydiving options.
- Fun fact: Only after you have logged 25 tandem jumps are you even eligible to apply for the test to get your USPA ‘A’ license.
- Tandem skydive (10,000ft, 13,000ft, or 15,000ft)
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Regarded as one of the most spectacular skydiving experiences, skydiving in Mt Cook offers you some of the best views of the South Island. With scenic lakes, pristine glaciers, and snow-capped peaks as far as the eye can see, your entire experience will be made even more special.
Once you take off, enjoy a 10 to 20-minute flight as you soar over the Aoraki, giving your adrenaline levels enough time to peak to get you ready for the jump. Since this is a tandem skydiving experience, a professional Tandem Master will be present every step of the way to ensure that you have a safe experience. Once you take the leap, get to freefall for 30 seconds over the highest mountain in New Zealand followed by 3 to 5 minutes under a parachute as you return safely. If you’d like, you can also extend the duration of freefall by selecting the 13,000 ft or the 15,000 ft tandem skydiving options.
know before you go
know before you go
- The maximum weight limit is 100kg.
- The limit can sometimes be increased to 120kg depending on the Tandem Master on that day of the experience along with the weather conditions. A surcharge may also apply.
- Parental consent is required for anyone under the age of 18.
- Children below the age of 12 will be considered on an individual basis.
- Daily: 8am to 5pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the redemption point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point well in advance before the scheduled time of your activity to avoid any delays.
- Show your ticket at Skydive Mt.Cook.
- Address: 2 Swallow Drive Pukaki Airport Pukaki, Twizel 7999, New Zealand
- The closest bus stop is Twizel. It is only 3.4 kms from the attraction and a local taxi can get you there.
- Bus Queenstown-Christch will get you there.
- Take route 'New Zealand State Highway 8' to reach the attraction.