Pena Palace & Quinta da Regaleira Full Day Tour from Lisbon
Spend a full day exploring the magical town of Sintra and its best historical attractions. Visit the Pena Palace, one of Portugal’s Seven Wonders and experience the mysterious country estate of Quinta da Regaleria and its gardens!
- Visit the 19th-century Pena Palace that is located atop the Sintra Mountains.
- With an expert guide by your side, dive deep into the history and legends of the palace.
- See the lavish rooms inside the palace and admire the stunning views from its terraces.
- Explore the mysterious Pena Park, home to an astonishing range of plants and trees.
- Quick tip: Don’t miss out on visiting the National Palace, which dates back to the 15th century.
- See the Quinta da Regaleria, a postcard-perfect mix of Gothic, Egyptian, Moorish, and Renaissance architecture.
- Entry into Pena Palace
- Entry into Quinta da Regaleira
- Expert guide (English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, or Italian-speaking)
- Guided visit inside other monuments
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Also known as the Mountain of the Moon, Sintra is one of those places full of magic and mystery where nature and man combine in perfect symbiosis. It has also been classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. From Lisbon, head out on a short ride up the mountain and make your way to the first stop - Pena Palace and Park. This is where you will discover the beginnings of Sintra, its first inhabitants, as well as the origin of the name, 'Sintra.' While you're here, walk through the mysterious Pena Park (ticket included) and admire the astonishing variety of plants and trees. Fun fact: All this greenery was planted with the help of a German engineer who specialized in botany!
As you enter the romantic Pena National Palace (ticket included), you will feel like you are royalty yourself. Find yourself at the very top of the Sintra Mountain with stunning views of the Moorish castle around you. Built by Dom Fernando II, a German prince who married the Portuguese Queen DonaMaria II, the palace is truly a sight to behold. Follow your guide through the Great Triton Gate - an allegory symbolizing the creation of the world. Also, enjoy spectacular views from the Arabian-style arches of the terrace. Inside the palace, do not miss seeing the following: the bedrooms of the King and Queen, the Chapel of Saint Jerome, the Arab Room, the Green Room, the Queen's Terrace, the Indian room, the Nobles room, the Deer Room, and, in the end, the kitchen.
For lunch, make a pitstop in old Sintra. Use this opportunity to taste the delicious pastries from this village: Travesseiro and Queijada. After lunch, you have some time to visit the National Palace (ticket not included). Located near the historic center of Sintra lies the Quinta da Regaleira-a spectacular estate, consisting of a romantic palace and chapel, and a luxurious park that features lakes, grottoes, wells, benches, fountains, and an array of exquisite constructions. Here, enjoy free time to explore the grounds.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- Guided Tour in English
- Guided Tour in Spanish
- Guided Tour in Italian
- Guided Tour in French
- Guided Tour in German
- Guided Tour in Portuguese
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is plenty of walking involved
- Don’t forget to take your cameras to take pictures of the beautiful Pena Palace
- Some parts of this tour are not wheelchair accessible
- Pena Park
- Pena National Palace
- National Palace
- Quinta da Regaleira
English, Portuguese, Spanish; on request in advance: French, German, Italian.
- Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun - 9 AM to 5 PM
- Tue, Thu & Sat
- Dec 25 and Jan 1
Infants aged 2 and below go free. Children aged 3-11 enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is at Hard Rock Café - Restauradores Square.
- Address: Av. da Liberdade 2, 1250-144 Lisboa, Portugal.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- The nearest metro station is ‘Restauradores.’
- Catch the Azul Blue Line to get here.
- The nearest bus station is ‘Restauradores.’
- Bus #732, 736, 746 & 783 will get you here.
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout.