Temple of Poseidon and Cape Sounion Sunset Tour from Athens with Audio Guide
Explore the idyllic seaside villages and sandy beaches of the Athens Riviera. Catch a breathtaking sunset at Cape Sounion, next to the ancient Temple of Poseidon.
- Admire a memorable sunset at Cape Sounion in Greece.
- See the incredible Temple of Poseidon, built during the Golden Age of Athens.
- Travel through the spectacular Athens Riviera in the comfort of an air-conditioned bus.
- With an English speaking driver and escort by your side, learn a great deal about the area.
- Enjoy commentary in 6 different languages on your audio guide.
- Pick up from 3 different meeting points (you can choose the pick-up point at checkout)
- Roundtrip transportation
- English speaking driver and escort in the bus
- Multilingual commentary in 6 languages in the bus
- Entrance in the Temple
- Food and drinks
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
The tour will start from Athens and will take you along the south coast towards the Athens Riviera. You will travel in a premium air-conditioned bus, as you take in the beautiful scenery on the journey. An English speaking guide and escort will accompany your group, giving you a great deal of insight into the area. You will soon reach the Sounion, and be dazzled by the spectacular landscape around you. The Sounion is one of the prominent areas mentioned in Homer’s epic Odyssey. In ancient Greece, the area was a sacred ground dedicated to Athena and Poseidon.
You can see the marvelous Temple of Poseidon perched on the edge of a cliff, 70 meters above water level. Entry to the attraction isn’t included in this tour, although you can choose to explore it yourself.
Gaze across the Aegean Sea from the cliff, where legend says King Aegeus threw himself off. Your guide will talk about the story behind Aegeus throwing himself off the cliff, while also talking about the significance of the area and its history. You can catch a breathtaking sunset over the sea, which is perfect for some memorable photos.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- The number of visitors has been limited to reduce crowds.
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- The headphones are cleaned thoroughly after every use.
From the 13th to 30th September 2022, departures for the Cape Sounio Sunset tour will be at the following times:
Omonoia Square: 4pm
Old Parliament: 4:15pm
Melina Mercouri Monument: 4:30pm
Audio Guide Languages
English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, and Russian
- Please wear comfortable shoes since there is a considerable amount of walking on this tour.
- In summer, it is recommended you bring along a hat.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- This tour is pram/stroller accessible.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
- Photography is allowed.
- Baggage is allowed.
Children aged 5-17 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your escort.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- This tour includes pick-up and drop-offs.
- Please choose your pick-up point at the time of booking.
- Pick-up points are possible from Omonoia Square, Syntagma /Old parliament, and Plaka old city/Melina mercury monument.
- On the day of your tour, arrive at the pick-up point 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time of pick-up.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during the checkout.