Hakone Free Pass
Purchase the Hakone Freepass, an economical pass that allows unlimited transportation in the area to explore Hakone, Japan’s famous hot springs.
- Enjoy the hot springs with the Hakone Freepass, a discount ticket for all sightseeing destinations in Hakone.
- Be assured of worry-free transportation with a round-trip ticket on the Odakyu line and on-and-off rides in the designated areas.
- Freely explore Hakone with unlimited access to 8 transportation systems, such as the Hakone Tozan Line, the Hakone Ropeway, and others.
- Odakyu Lines round-trip ticket (between Shinjuku Station and Odawara Station).
- Unlimited rides on eight different modes of transportation in the Hakone area
- Choose a 2-day or a 3-day pass
- Izu Hakone Bus
- Limited Express Romancecar
- Hakone Regular Sightseeing Bus
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
These tickets are valid for 2 days from the date of purchase.
Ride the marvelous Hakone Ropeway!
Take a train to the Hakone-Yumoto (Hakone Highway) from the Shinjuku Station and then the Hakone Tozan Train to Gora Station. Transfer to the Hakone Tozan Cable Car, get off at Sounzan, and change to the Hakone Ropeway to travel to Owakudani. Enjoy the temperature dip as the elevation gradually increases. Sit by the door to soak in the magnificent scenery from the gondola with its 360° glass windows. On clear days, you can see Mount Fuji and the beautiful foliage.
Inhale the sulfur and savor the black eggs
Owakudani, the famous viewpoint, was created by a volcanic eruption 3,000 years ago. Grab a coffee, smell the sulfuric fumes in the area, and marvel at the spectacular sight of the blue sky and yellow smoke that still rises from the nearby volcano. Don’t miss the local specialty, the Kurotamago, or black eggs. Due to a chemical reaction with geothermal energy and volcanic gas, the shells of the eggs turn black. Visitors throng to buy them at Kurotamago House, as eating one of these eggs adds seven years to your life. Buy unique souvenirs and Japanese-style woven handkerchiefs and hand towels.
Enjoy the cruise on serene Lake Ashi and relish the local delicacy, Wakasagi fish
Take the Hakone Ropeway to reach Togendai and board the Hakone Sightseeing Cruise. From the third floor of this pirate ship cruise, get a view of the entire serene Lake Ashi surrounded by mountains. Keep your camera ready to click pictures of the red Torii gates of the Hakone-jinja Shrine. Depart from the ship at Motohakone-ko. Enjoy the stunning lake views as you enjoy a local lunch of Wakasagi, a small fish caught in Lake Ashi, with rice, salad, local miso soup, and grape juice.
Pray for love and strong relationships at Hakone-jinja Shrine
After lunch, walk along the street, and a staircase along a large cedar avenue, Torii gates, and bright vermillion toro will take you to Hakone-jinja, a historic shrine. Kuzuryu Shrine Shingu is nearby. Are you looking for love? Then, this is just the shrine for you! Drink the water from Ryujin Suisha- water flows from the mouths of nine dragon heads and holds the power to cure impurities. Then, walk down the steps to the lake shore and take photos at the Torii Gates of Peace.
Retail therapy and sushi dinner
Board the Hakone Tozan Bus from Motohakone-ko to Gora Station for a 90-minute bus ride to the Gotemba Premium Outlets for some retail therapy. Don’t forget to gorge on some sushi. Try the Special Mount Fuji Nigiri, with miso soup, chutoro (medium-fatty tuna), salmon, sea urchin, anago (conger eel), or the Sungoi Salmon, a dish of salmon piled high on a plate. Bid goodbye to the spectacular hot springs excursion as you take the Odakyu Hakone Highway bus to return to Shinjuku.
know before you go
know before you go
- For the Limited Express Romance Car, an express ticket is required in addition to a regular ticket or discount pass.
- Extra fare applies if you ride beyond the designated areas.
- Only one round-trip is allowed between your departing station and Odawara Station on the Odakyu Line.
- Rides are not valid on the seasonal sightseeing bus.
- The Odakyu Hakone Express Bus has priority for those with reserved seats and cannot be boarded if it is full.
- Services can get suspended due to bad weather conditions. Hakone Freepass holders who could not board due to suspension may obtain a refund for that particular portion at the Odakyu Sightseeing service center.
- Tickets can be canceled only before the change of the ticket from the counter. Please reach out to us for the same.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Odakyū Tourist Information Center.
- Address: 1 Chome-1-9 Sakaecho, Odawara, Kanagawa 250-0011, Japan.
- Operation Hours: 8am - 6pm.
- The closest bus stop is Odawara Station West Exit. It is a quick 2-minute walk to the attraction.