Kyoto Hozugawa River Boat Ticket
Take an exotic cruise down the Hozugawa River amidst the valley’s beautiful seasonal foliage painting the waters with its alluring shades.
- Hop on a boat for a 2-hour long scenic river cruise from Kameoka to Arashiyama in Kyoto.
- Admire the stunning scenery, colorful foliage of the season & wildlife of the ravine.
- Get ready for scares as you speed down thrilling rapids & big rocks!
- Immerse in the 400-year-old history of the Hozu valley, narrated by your boatsmen.
- Watch the oarsmen sail the ship skillfully with long bamboo sticks, in a traditional technique.
- 2-hour long boat trip
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
These tickets are valid for 2 months from the date of purchase.
You get on board and embark on an exciting journey to one of the most scenic valleys in all of Kyoto on the waters of river Hozugawa. You will come across the stunning scenery of vibrant foliage reflecting its beautiful colors in the water. Be sure to spot the local ravine wildlife on the way. Depending on the season you can enjoy cherry blossoms, vivid greenery, fall colors, and even snow! What's more, in winter, the boat is equipped with carpet flooring and a heater to make your journey perfectly comfortable.
What’s in Store?
The boatmen will narrate to you the rich 400-year-old history of the ravine as they skillfully steer you through the valley using bamboo sticks. You’ll be amazed to see how these oarsmen effortlessly shoot the rapids and big rocks using the traditional technique. While most of your trip is serene and calm, be ready for screams, splashes & laughter on the thrilling ride through the rapids! A warm experience with a cheerful boat crew & many photogenic spots will surely be something to remember.
know before you go
know before you go
- The boat ride may be canceled due to poor weather.
- Smoking is not allowed on board.
- Food & drinks (including alcohol) are permitted on the boat.
- Max of 24 people per boat ride (max of 16 in Winter seasons).
Mar 10 to Dec 13
Daily: 9am, 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm
Dec 14 to Mar 9
Daily: 10am, 11:30am, 1pm & 2:30pm
Closed: Dec 29 to Jan 4
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive at the attraction 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at the ticketing counter.
Address: Shimonakajima-2 Hozucho, Kameoka, Kyoto 621-0005, Japan.
The closest bus stop is ＪＲ亀岡駅北口. It is a quick 7-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board buses 川東線Ｆ１２, 川東線Ｆ１１ to get you there.
- This ticket is valid for 60 day(s).