Full-Day Santorini Volcano & Oia Sunset Tour
From visiting the volcanic islands of Nea Kameni and Palea Kameni to watching the sunset from atop a cliff in Oia, this tour is the best way to explore Santorini!
- Journey by bus to the port of Athinios and board the King Thiras boat.
- Climb up the soil path and approach the crater of the still-active volcano of Nea Kameni.
- Dive into the healing sulfur waters of Palea Kameni and enjoy the view.
- Set sail to Thirasia Island and go swimming, lunch next to the sea, or explore the colorful village of Manolas.
- Take the bus to the village Oia, where you can enjoy a beautiful sunset.
- Specialized bilingual guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle pick-up/drop-off service
- Shared transportation
- Volcano entrance fee of 5.00 EUR per person
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Start your journey by bus from the pick-up point and head over to the port of Athinios. This is where you will board the King Thiras boat. Your first stop on the boat is the volcanic island of Nea Kameni, located in the Aegean Sea, within the flooded Santorini caldera. Follow your guide up the soil path and approach the crater of the still-active volcano! Then, make your way to the second volcanic island, Palea Kameni. The King Thiras boat stops approximately 50 meters away from the hot springs. This means you can simply dive into the green sulfur waters or sit back, relax, and enjoy the view.
Later, set sail to Thirasia Island, once part of Santorini before the big volcanic explosion in 1500 BC. Only 9 sq. km in size, the island is mostly uninhabited and is untouched by tourism. Stay here for 2-3 hours and have a go at swimming, lunching next to the sea, or exploring the village of Manolas. The latter has small, picturesque houses with winding steps, surrounded by colorful blossoms.
Once you leave Thirasia Island, hop aboard King Thiras boat again and go to Athinios. From there, take the bus to the village Oia. Built on the cliffs of the caldera, Oia is world-famous for its sunsets. Admire the cascade of whitewashed buildings, peppered with windmills and blue-dome churches awash in pinks and oranges and yellows. It is truly a sight to behold. 30 minutes after the sunset, the tour ends. Gather at the pick-up point in Oia and board the bus that takes you back to the point from where you started the excursion.
know before you go
know before you go
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended.
- Photography is allowed.
- Children under 4 years of age will not reserve a seat on the bus. They will sit on their parent's lap.
- Drinks, sandwiches, and coffee are not included but can be purchased separately on board by cash. Credit cards are not accepted.
- Guests must be able to walk over cobblestones and uneven surfaces, inclines, and steps. They should be in good physical condition with the ability to walk uphill or climb stairs.
Daily at 10 AM onwards.
Volcano – Hot Springs – Thirasia Island – Oia village for sunset
Infants aged 0-4 can go for free. Children aged 5-12 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- 9:10 AM: Exo gonia
- 9:20 AM: Kamari
- 9:25 AM: Monolithos
- 9:05 AM: Messaria
- 9:10 AM: Karterados
- 9:20 AM: Fira
- 9:30 AM: Pyrgos
- 8:55 AM: Perissa
- 9 AM: Perivolos
- 9:05 AM: Emporio
- 9:05 AM: Vlichada
- 9:10 AM: Akrotiri
- 9:20 AM: Meghalochori
- 8:45 AM: Oia
- 9 AM: Imerovigli
- 9:05 AM: Firostefani
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.