Prague Castle: Brief Introduction & Skip the Line Ticket
Get a quick overview of Prague and its most significant monument from an expert local guide. Afterwards, you are free to explore the stunning interiors and places of import within the Castle at your own pace.
- Avoid waiting in long queues to explore Prague Castle, with your skip the line access.
- Enjoy learning about one of the most visited Prague monuments from an expert local.
- Get a stunning view of Prague Castle from the Charles Bridge.
- Admire beautiful views of the city on your tram ride, on your way to the Castle.
- Get expert recommendations from your guide, for your individual visit.
- Explore the opulent Castle interiors, including the St. Vitus Cathedral, the Old Royal Palace, St. George’s Basilica and the Golden Lane.
- Skip the line ticket to Prague Castle interiors
- Expert, English-speaking local guide
- Map of Prague Castle
- Tram ticket
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Start off with a pleasant stroll from the world-famous, medieval Charles Bridge in the company of your guide. The river presents a stunning panorama of Prague Castle. After a short walk, you will be able to rest your feet and enjoy scenic views of the city on the tram ride that takes you to the Castle. Here, your knowledgeable guide will fill you in on the history and legends surrounding the ancient residence of Czech monarchs and Holy Roman emperors. As the official seat of the President of the Czech Republic, and one of the most significant centers of political and ecclesiastical powers in Europe since olden times, there is a lot to learn about one of the largest castle complexes in the world.
After an introduction to the Castle, you will get recommendations about your individual visits, and have your questions answered. Get your skip the line ticket and go past the waiting crowds to explore the Castle interiors. Visit the magnificent specimen of European Gothic architecture - the St. Vitus Cathedral - the traditional site of Czech royal coronations, and also the burial site of Czech Kings, Dukes, and Habsburg Emperors. Admire the decor of precious stones on the St. Wenceslas’ Chapel, the final resting place of the national patron saint. It has a door with seven locks that leads to the Crown Chamber which still holds the Czech Crown Jewels.
See the beautiful Last Judgement Mosaic from 1370 on your way to the Old Royal Palace, and take a moment to stand beneath the massive vault of the Vladislav Hall. Once the site of knightly tournaments and coronation banquets, today the Hall is the host of presidential inaugurations. Don’t forget to pay a visit to the St. George's Basilica; the oldest surviving church in the Castle flaunts beautiful Romanesque architecture from the 1140s. Head towards the Golden Lane, a picturesque street that holds several tiny houses built for royal guards in the late 16th century. It was named so after the goldsmiths that settled here in the early 20th century. Along with Franz Kafka, a celebrated 20th-century novelist who found a short-term retreat here, the charming Lane has attracted several artists.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
Daily at 9.30 AM, 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM
Duration: 1.5 hours
- Summer season (April – October): Open from 9 AM to 5 PM
- Winter season (November – March): Open from 9 AM to 6 PM
- Please note that certain parts of the Castle might be closed to visitors on special occasions (like state visits).
- The St. Vitus Cathedral is regularly closed every Sunday morning for church services, and the Old Royal Palace is closed for several days around October 28 for a state awards ceremony.
- This attraction is not wheelchair accessible.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult (18+).
- Wear comfortable shoes as the tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- During autumn/winter, make sure that you wear warm clothing and bring along an umbrella in case of rain.
Infants aged 5 and under go free. Children aged 6-15 enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15-20 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo.
- Meet your guide at Křižovnické náměstí, by the statue of Charles IV.
- Our guide will be holding an orange umbrella for easy recognition.
- Address : Křižovnické náměstí , Křižovnické náměstí , 11000.
- The closest public transport stop is Staroměstská, within a 4-minute walk of the meeting point.
- Trams(17,18, 22, 93, 97) bus 194 and metro A will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for two days after redemption of the voucher at the meeting point, and allows you to enter each of the four sites once.