Opera Garnier - Guided Tour
Explore the Opera Ga rnier, a 1,979 seat opera house built by Charles Garnier in the late 19th century and be charmed by the quaint, picturesque appeal that the opera is known for.
- 90-minute tour of the Opera Garnier with access to the different areas.
- English guided tour with official guides allowing a more interactive and educative experience.
- WItness the signature style of unique architect, Charles Garnier, amongst the arabesque of the site.
- Discover an array of materials used to create the abundant decor at the venue.
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Walk through the halls of the Opera Garnier with a guide and learn about the rich history of the attraction. At one time the Opera Garnier was described as the most famous opera house in the world. Shroud yourself in a spirit of greatness as you stroll through this memorable place and take in the many paintings and artworks on display.
You will first visit the ‘Rotonde des Abonnes’ which was formerly used to welcome audiences to the opera. Here you will be able to spot the peculiar design language of Charles Garnier. Take in the arabesque design works as you get spell bound by the beauty of the welcoming hall. Next, you will meet the mysterious prophetess Pythia who will lead you into the auditorium, the loungers and the foyers. Take in the rich architectural works all around you and discover a wide array of paintings and sculptures on display at this theatre-cum-museum.
know before you go
know before you go
The tour is organized daily at 11:00 am and 2:30 pm. In the next step of your booking process, you will be asked for a preference and your tour will be arranged accordingly.
Children between 5-11 will be allowed on the tour. Guests younger than 5 years old will not be permitted on the tour.
Guided visit entrance in front of 1 Rue Auber. Please present your voucher 30 minutes prior the departure at the guided tour counter after passing the security check.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please print out your mobile vouchers and display it along with a valid photo ID to your tour guide
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- Meet your guide at Guided tour entrance of Opera Garnier, located near the Guided tour ticketing counters
- In front of 1, Rue Auber
- The entrance is located in the corner of rue du Scribe and rue Auber
- The closest bus stop is Opéra, a 1-min walk to the meeting point
- Bus line 27, 29 & 95 will get you here
- The closest subway station is Opéra, a 3-minute walk to the meeting point
- Metro lines #3, 7 & 8 will get you here
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout