Meteora Day Trip from Athens by Train
Make your way to the cozy town of Kalabaka and enjoy the stunning Meteora Monasteries on this full-day tour from Athens!
- Don’t miss out on the breathtaking sites at the historic town of Kalabaka on this day tour.
- Enjoy round-trip rail tickets from Athens, making for a hassle-free experience.
- Immerse yourself in the stunning countryside views on your train rides.
- Check out the astonishing UNESCO-listed site of Meteora and learn about its historical relevance.
- Visit three famous monasteries here and soak up striking views of the majestic grey rocks.
- Take some time to explore the town of Kalabaka on your own.
- Take your pick between two ticket options, offering A-Class and Economy train tickets.
- Round-trip rail tickets to Kalabaka
- Shared transfer to Meteora
- Expert English-speaking host
- Entrance fee into 3 monasteries
- Food & drink
- Round-trip hotel transfers
Je annuleert deze tickets tot 24 uur voor de belevenis begint en krijgt een volledige terugbetaling.
When in Athens, don’t forget to visit three gorgeous monasteries of Meteora, a site on the UNESCO World Heritage monument list! Enjoy round-trip rail tickets from Athens as you board the early morning train to Kalabaka at 7:20 AM from the Athens Railway Station. You'll arrive Kalabaka at 11:30 AM, where you will be greeted by an English-speaking escort, who will then transfer you to the Meteora Monasteries.
Here, you'll have 4 hours to explore three monasteries and the hermit caves of Badovas. Post-tour, your escort will transfer you back to Kalabaka, where you are free to explore the city on your own. Do some sightseeing and grab some lunch before boarding the train back to Athens at 5:15 PM. You'll reach Athens at approximately 9:30 PM!
know before you go
This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- Meteora Day Trip from Athens: By Economy Train Ticket
- Meteora Day Trip from Athens: By A-Class Train Ticket
Daily from 7:20 AM- 9:30 PM
- Even though rail tickets are included in the price of your ticket, you will have to reach the Athens railway station on your own.
- You will need to reach the rail station at 7:00 AM on your own with printed tickets.
- Guests must cover knees and arms according to the Meteora dress code.
- Ladies should refrain from wearing short skirts and must wear long-sleeved tops, while men are not permitted to enter wearing shorts.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please print the voucher and display it with a valid photo ID at the railway station.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Note: Few days before the activity, you will receive an e-mail with the train e-tickets. You should have them with you on the day of the tour.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Make your way to the Athens Railway Station (Athens 104 44, Greece) on your own
- Arrive at the railway station at least by 7:00 AM
- You will board your train to Kalabaka from here
- Once at Kalabaka, you will find your expert English-speaking escort waiting for you with a signboard with your name on it
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout