Early-Morning Express : Montserrat Guided Tour
Escape the bustling crowds of Barcelona and head into the picturesque Catalan countryside on this semi-guided half-day tour of Montserrat!
- Sign up for an early morning guided tour in cozy groups of 25 people or less
- Bask in the charming countryside as you travel in a comfortable air-conditioned bus to Montserrat and back
- Join an expert guide on this tour and discover intriguing facts and anecdotes about Montserrat
- Head to the hallowed mountain-top sanctuary of Montserrat and check out The Black Madonna
- Soak in marvelous sights of the Pyrenees, the Mediterranean, and the rock spires of Montserrat
- Ride a cable car or head to the Museum of Contemporary Art post-guided tour
- Treat your tastebuds to the local delicacies that are available at stalls outside the monastery
- Admission to the Basilica of Montserrat
- Admission to the Montserrat Monastery
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Air-conditioned transfers
- Hotel transfers
flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24hrs before the schedule
As your tour begins quite early, you will arrive at Montserrat long before the monastery and basilica get crowded. As you travel to the spiritual sanctuary from Barcelona in a private vehicle, your guide will explain the significance and history of the place. The infectious mystical aura of the mountain-top monastery is almost immediately apparent when you step out of your bus. Take a moment to soak in the breathtaking view of the Pyrenees, the Mediterranean, and the magnificent Gothic architecture of the Benedictine monastery.
Head into the basilica to see the famous Black Madonna of Montserrat, a Romanesque wooden statue that is fabled to have been unmovable, thus forcing the Benedictine monks of the time to build the basilica around it. After the guided tour, you will have some time to explore the area on your own! You can choose to go on a short hike or take the cable car through the mountains. Alternatively, if you are more fascinated by the history and culture of the place, you can visit the local museum of contemporary art. Sample some of the local delicacies before heading back to Barcelona in your air-conditioned bus.
know before you go
- Group sizes are restricted to 25 people
- The Basilica in Montserrat expects visitors to follow a dress code. Flip flops, tank tops, and shorts are not allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the start of the tour to avoid missing your transport
- Wheelchairs and motorized scooters cannot be accommodated on the group tours since access to lifts and ramps are limited
- Visitors must bring and wear a mask and keep a safe distance from others
From Apr 2021 onwards, this tour is available at 9:30 AM every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday
Ages 0-1yrs go free. Ages 2-14yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a valid photo ID while boarding
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry a valid photo ID for verification
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the pickup time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Your meeting point is at Plaça d'Espanya (under Torres Venecianas)
- Coming from Plaça d’Espanya, look out for the two towers (Torres Venecianes)
- Your meeting point in under the tower on the right-hand side, located in Avinguda de la Reina Maria Cristina
- Your tour guide will be waiting for you here, where you will also board your bus
- Your bus departs at 8:00 AM from this stop, so ensure you report here at least 15 minutes prior to departure
- Nearest metro station is Pl. Espanya, which is a 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Metro lines L1, L3 & l8 stop here
- Nearest bus stop is Pl. Espanya, a 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Buses #13, 46 & 150 stop here
The ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout