Katla Ice Cave Tour from Reykjavik by Minibus
Spend the day experiencing an adrenaline-fuelled tour like no other at the Ice Caves by Katla Volcano!
- Visit Katla Ice Cave, full of stripes from the layers of snow and ash from nearby volcanic eruptions.
- Marvel at Seljalansfoss waterfall, Skógafoss waterfall, and Reynisfjara beach.
- Enjoy a Super Jeep ride with a small group of fewer than 12 people.
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Super Jeep ride
- Ice Cave visit
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Brace yourself for an unforgettable adventure at the Katla Ice Caves!
The Katla Ice Caves form a part of the beautiful Sólheimajökull Glacier, which is an outlet glacier of Myrdalsjökull Glacier. Underneath it lies the mighty Katla Volcano which gives its name to the glacier and the ice cave. On your tour, you will be exploring the best part of the South Coast. From the Sólheimajökull Glacier, the Seljalansfoss waterfall, to the massive waves at the Reynisfjara black sand beach, you’re sure to have an experience like never before. This isn’t just a regular tour, but one that’s filled with unforgettable adventures that will remain with you for life.
At the Ice Cave, be prepared for some breathtaking views of the natural ice formations! With a unique mixture of black ice and blue ice, the formations give the cave a spectacular look. Take your time exploring the area along with your expert guide.
We’ve made sure that the tour group is small, giving you a more intimate experience where you can unwind and have a blast. We’ve also chosen a route that avoids large crowds so you can have the natural beauties to yourself.
Your guide will take you to all the different locations on your itinerary while giving you interesting facts and stories about the culture of the Nordic island.
know before you go
What to Bring
- Warm clothes (first layer).
- Waterproof outdoor clothing (second layer).
- Hiking boots (available for rent on booking).
- Jeans are not recommended for glacier activities. Once it gets wet, it takes a long time to dry, leaving you cold.
- Ice caves are a dynamic ever-changing natural phenomenon. Each year new unique caves are formed in different areas of the glacier. We visit a naturally formed ice cave. The photos on our website and social media are from this winter season, but the ice cave we visit might have changed due to the dynamic nature of these formations.
Daily at 8am.
Children aged 8-11 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel.
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location.
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.