Explore all facets of the performing arts at the Theatre Museum, one of the world’s biggest and most important documentation centers of its kind.
- The Theatre Museum is located at Palais Lobkowitz, built in the late 1600s, the former home to one of Beethoven’s chief sponsors.
- Marvel at not just the printed and archival items, but on the entire diversity of theatrical objects.
- Get a chance to view over 1,000 stage models, 600 costumes and props from three centuries, more than 100,000 drawings and prints, and over 700,000 theatre photos.
- Mesmerize your senses in the palace where the first private performance of Beethoven‘s Third Symphony, the ‘Eroica’ was performed in 1804.
- Entrance to the museum
You can cancel these tickets up to 48 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
The Theatre Museum located at Palais Lobkowitz is a hidden gem in Vienna and a one-of-a-kind museum in the world. The museum houses a grand concert hall, the ‘Eroica Hall’, named after Beethoven's Third Symphony.
The museum has an astonishing collection of objects of contemporary Austrian, and international stage art from spoken and musical theatre, dance, and film to figurine and Puppet Theater. The museum has different exhibits- stage design models, puppet and paper theatre, photographs, paintings, autographs, drawings, costumes, theatre graphics, posters, and programs.
It houses over 100,000 drawings, 1,000 set and architect's models, 700,000 photos, and about 2,000 items of famous actors, dramatists, composers, and costumes and props. The elaborate library contains 80,000 books and periodicals. A separate department of the museum is devoted to children.
know before you go
- The museum is wheelchair accessible.
- Daily: 10am - 6pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive at the attraction 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Theatre Museum, .
- Address: Lobkowitzpl. 2, 1010 Wien, Austria.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- The closest bus stop is Albertinaplatz. It is a quick 5-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board bus 2A to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.