Phillip Island Nature Parks Penguin Parade Viewing Ticket
Waddle your way to Phillip Island Nature Park to witness the world’s smallest penguins in their natural habitat. As the sun dips into the horizon, thus begins the most adorable parade observed till date!
- Visit Phillip Island Nature Park and experience a magical wildlife encounter as the Little Penguins parade their way into your heart!
- Just a stone’s throw away from Melbourne, this is nature at its best!
- With pristine shores and lush green forests providing the perfect backdrop to this natural phenomenon, you can rest assured of a memorable experience
- Suit your needs and enrich the experience by choosing between three different viewing options.
- Penguin Parade Viewing
- Hotel Transfers
- Additional Gratuities
In the next step of your booking, select the desired variant to the ticket:
- General Viewing Ticket
- Penguin Plus
- Underground Viewing
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled, amended, or rescheduled.
Native to Australia and the smallest of their species, these Little Penguins have called the shores of Phillip Island their home for thousands of years. As the sun sinks below the island, you can glimpse tiny bobbing heads waddling their way back home for the night. Surrounded by national parks full of native species and verdant scenery, one can enjoy this spectacle amidst a stunning environment. Probably the cutest invasion ever witnessed, this is a parade that will send a shiver of excitement down your spine!
The main penguin viewing area provides a 180-degree elevated platform to the coast. Nestled right along the sandy shore, this promises a front-row experience. Get even closer to the action at the Penguins Plus viewing platform which includes insightful commentary from a ranger. For the ultimate penguin watching experience, upgrade to the Underground Viewing option. With seats limited to 70 people, this is an up-close and personal experience that will bring you eye-level with the penguins. With a professional guide narrating the history, daily life, and exciting facts about the cute creatures, this will be a more fulfilling affair!
Know Before You Go
Penguin Parade Starts at 8:30 PM
Please note that the Penguins arrive at sunset every day. So, expect to catch the parade in the evening.
Click here for Penguin Arrival Times.
The Penguin Parade offers family-friendly access, including:
- Wide pathways for prams
- Pram parking at the penguin viewing stands (please note prams cannot access the stepped viewing platforms)
- Baby change room including microwave
- Disabled parking
- Disabled ramp access through the visitor centre and along boardwalks
- Complimentary buggy if transport to beach required
- Complimentary wheelchair for use inside the visitor centre
- Exclusive disabled access viewing areas in General Viewing, Penguins Plus and Underground Viewing
- Video recording and photography is not permitted at the Penguin Parade or any of the Penguin viewing options. This is because penguins have sensitive eyes and a bright, sudden flash or unusual light can frighten or disorientate them.
- The penguins are wild birds. Numbers and arrival times will vary with their life-cycle activity and weather
- The Penguin Parade occurs every evening at sunset for a duration of 1 hour. Visitors must arrive at the visitor centre before the penguins cross the beach.
- General Viewing ticket holders should plan to arrive at least 1 hour before penguin arrival time, Penguins Plus ticket holders should plan to arrive at least 1 hour before penguin arrival time, and Underground ticket holders should plan to arrive 30 minutes before penguin arrival time.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after purchase.
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your voucher at - Visit Center, Penguin Parade, 1019 Ventnor Rd, Summerlands, Victoria
- To locate the point on Google Maps, search for - Phillip Island Nature Parks
- By Car: Phillip Island is a 90-minute drive from Melbourne. Allow a further 20 minutes from the bridge to get to the Penguin Parade. Free car parking is available on site.
- By Bus: Public transport is limited on Phillip Island. V-line operates a bus to Phillip Island’s main town, Cowes, from Southern Cross Station in Melbourne city. Please note that the V-line bus does not go to the Penguin Parade and there are no return buses to Melbourne at the conclusion of the Penguin Parade.
- By Taxi: Contact Phillip Island Taxis on 03 5952 2200 to arrange transfers on Phillip Island.
These tickets are valid for the date and time selected during booking.