Fast Track Tickets To Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum
Explore the Thyssen Bornemisza Museum, the second-largest private collection of predominantly European art in the world with these skip-the-line tickets, which will let you elude the hours-long ticketing lines that are typical of the venue. Our tickets provide you with the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself into the world of awe-inspiring art!
- It is the second-largest private collection, after the British Royal Collection. With more than 1,600 paintings from the 13th-20th centuries, one can explore the depths of artistic expression through the eras.
- The permanent exhibit houses work of Dutch, Italian, and Flemish painters, along with leading works by leading Renaissance, Baroque and Rococo painters. It is also home to some masterpieces by Van Gogh, Monet, Pissarro, Picasso, Matisse, Edward Hopper, and Juan Gris, to name a few.
- The temporary exhibit is only available on designated dates and gives you an opportunity to explore exclusive art.
- These tickets to Thyssen’s temporary and permanent exhibits give you the privilege to skip ticketing lines.
The Thyssen is the perfect place to indulge in artistic brilliance. It houses work from some of the most renowned artists in Europe from the 13th to the 20th century. Being the second-largest private collection in the world, it consists of movements not represented in state-owned collections, such as Impressionism, Fauvism, German Expressionism, and the experimental avant-garde movements of the early 20th century. Once you book your tickets, you shall receive an email that shall contain your entry passes to the temporary and permanent exhibits of the museum. All you have to do is show it at the entrance on your mobile and you shall gain access to the museum without waiting in line! The permanent and temporary exhibits are at Exhibit A and B respectively. The temporary exhibits have limited entry and visitors are admitted at the assigned time every 15 minutes.
In terms of the permanent exhibit, there are several notable works of Dutch, Italian, and Flemish painters, along with leading works by leading Renaissance, Baroque and Rococo painters, including Antonello da Messina (Portrait of a Man), Fra Bartolomeo, Giulio Romano, Giovanni Bellini, Titian, Tintoretto, Veronese, Van Dyck, to name a few. The permanent exhibit is spread across 3 stories – the ground, first and second floors. The second floor also features medieval art from the 13th and 14th centuries. The first floor is home to some masterpieces by Van Gogh, Monet, Pissarro, Picasso, Matisse, Edward Hopper, and Juan Gris, to name a few. Finally, the ground floor contains works from the second half of the 20th century. Going through the different floors of the collection can feel much like traveling through the different eras of artistic expression, making the Thyssen the perfect getaway for art lovers and aficionados alike!
- Entry to the Permanent Collection
- Entry to the Temporary Exhibits
- Audio guide (optional)
Know Before You Go
- Mon: 12 PM to 4 PM
- Tue to Sun: 10 AM to 7 PM
- Mon: 12 PM - 4 PM
- Tue to Sun: 10 AM to 7 PM
- Last entry: one hour before closing
- The Magritte Machine: 14 Sep 2021- 30 Jan 2022
- Georgia O’Keeffe: 20 Apr - 8 Aug 2021
- How to Tread Lightly: 6 Oct 2020 - 17 Jan 2021
- German Expressionism: 27 Oct 2020 - 14 Mar 2021
Children under 17yrs get in free. Students, as well as adults over 65ys, enjoy reduced prices (carry a valid photo ID).
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended, or refunded.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at the desk marked 'Acreditación Venta Online y Telefónica,' located on the left-hand side, as soon as you enter the museum.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- By Underground: Line 2, Banco de España station
- By Train: Nearest train stations - Atocha & Recoletos
- By Bus: 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 14, 15, 20, 27, 34, 37, 41, 51, 52, 53, 74, 146, 150
- By Car: Las Cortes parking
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.