The Yeoman of the Guard
Lose yourself in one of Gilbert and Sullivan’s most loved operettas, coming to London for a limited one-month run.
strict cancellation policy
This ticket cannot be canceled or refunded.
why watch the yeoman of the guard
The stage is set in the Tower of London, where Colonel Fairfax is imprisoned on false charges. Phoebe, a daughter of one of the Yeomen, conspires with the newly arrived jester Jack Point to ensure the Colonel's freedom before the axe falls and she can have the wedding she desires. As paths cross, identities are mistaken, and new romances bloom, can the duo reach their happy ending in the ensuing chaos?
The operetta will be presented by the English National Opera, one of the two principal opera companies in London. Although one of Gilbert and Sullivan’s darker and emotionally entangling pieces The Yeoman of the Guard still imbibes wit and humor. Director Jo Davies and conductor Chris Hopkins team up to breathe new life into this incredible operetta, along with a powerful cast including Anthony Gregory, Heather Lowe, Alexandra Oomens, and Neal Davies.
Opera Lovers | Romance Enthusiasts | Gilbert and Sullivan Fans
know before you go
Duration: 2 hr 40 mins
Audience: To be confirmed
No. of Shows a Week: ~5
Opening Date: 3 Nov 2022
Closing Date: 2 Dec 2022
Theatre Name: London Coliseum
Theatre Facilities: Wheelchair accessibility, Restroom, Bar, Cloakroom, Assistive Listening System
Dress Code: Smart casual
Cast and Creatives
Anthony Gregory as Colonel Fairfax
Neal Davies as Sergeant Meryll of the Yeomen
Alexandra Oomens as Elsie Maynard
Heather Lowe as Phoebe Meryll
Steven Page as Sir Richard Cholmondeley
Susan Bickley as Dame Carruthers
Innocent Masuku as Leonard Meryll
Isabelle Peters as Kate
- Content Warning: Please be aware that this production contains some adult content that may not be suitable for young audiences.
- The opera is sung in English. The surtitles system displays sung words above the stage.
- Keep in mind, the theater is air-conditioned throughout the year and can get a bit chilly. Bring along a light jacket if needed.
- The ticket can be presented digitally at the entrance on the day of your visit.
- Please note most of the theatres do not allow entry post the show start time and we recommend you to reach the venue 10-15 minutes early.