Visit the Nijo Castle - a UNESCO World Heritage Site and stroll through the intricately maintained Japanese garden while admiring the castle’s beautiful architecture.
- Explore Kyoto’s two most popular tourist attractions also regarded as UNESCO World Heritage Sites – Nijo Castel and Ninomaru Palace.
- Admire its architecture, well-maintained rooms which have been dedicatedly decorated and preserved for ages, and the history it represents.
- Roam the Ninomaru Palace which served as the office and home of the Shogun, and learn its tales of the past.
- Fun Fact: A shogunate is a feudal system in Japan in which the military holds the true power instead of the Imperial Court.
- Admission ticket to Nijo Castle
- Admission to Ninomaru Palace
- Personal expenses
These tickets can’t be cancelled. However, you can use them any time within the next 3 months.
These tickets are valid for 3 months from the date of purchase.
Learn about Japan's fascinating culture and history while you wander the Nijo Castle and the Ninomaru Palace — Japan's most popular tourist attractions which are also UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Both these structures were built in the year 1603 and have served as the residence and office of the Shogun from the Edo period.
Admire the intricate architecture, beautifully decorated ceilings, and well-preserved rooms as you stroll through the castle and the palace. The Nijo castle is also known for its beautiful Japanese gardens. If you visit between March 21st to April 14th, you can witness the garden in its blooming glory during the Nijo Castle Sakura Festival.
know before you go
know before you go
- Photography and videography are strictly prohibited at the Ninomaru Palace.
- Daily: 8:45am to 5pm (last admission at 4pm)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- Students must show a valid student ID.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at the Nijo Castle Entrance.
- Address: 541 Nijojocho, Nakagyo Ward, Kyoto, 604-8301, Japan.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- The closest subway station is Nijojo-mae Sta.(Nijo-jo Castle). It is a quick 4-minute walk to the attraction.
- Tozai Metro Line will get you there.
- The closest bus stop is Nijojo mae. It is a quick 4-minute walk to the attraction.
- Buses Municipal 9, Municipal 12, Municipal 50 & Municipal 67 will get you there.