Herculaneum Priority Entrance Ticket
Smaller and better preserved than Pompeii, Herculaneum lies near the foothills of Mount Vesuvius and is an excellent mirror into the first-century life. Explore the UNESCO World Heritage ruins of Herculaneum with priority access skip-the-line tickets, that let you bypass the crowds that inevitably flock to this site. Tickets to this attraction are limited and sell out quickly so be sure to book in advance!
- Explore Herculaneum, an ancient Roman town better preserved than Pompeii during the aftermath of Mount Vesuvius’s eruption in 79 AD
- Discover the picturesque ancient villas, bathhouses, frescoes and more in their near-perfect glory with your skip the line tickets
- Herculaneum is an incredibly popular sight with long tourist queues. Your tickets allows you priority access into the UNESCO World Heritage Site allowing you to bypass these long lines
- Perfect day trip experience from Rome, Naples or Sorrento
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Believed to be of Greek origin owing to its strongly Greek Name, Herculaneum is a town that dates back to the 6th century BC. A site less busy, smaller and better preserved than Pompeii, the town is considered to be among the best preserved examples of life in the first-century. However, and no one knows why, Pompeii received all the fame and glory, whereas facts and ruins indicate that Herculaneum is in fact the more interesting, easier to navigate and better preserved site.
There are only a limited number of tickets sold each day, and these tickets sell like hot cakes! Even the notoriously long ticket queues at the site cannot guarantee an entry. Well, we can. Not just that, with these tickets you can even skip past the long queue lines and make your way right into the past! You can even enjoy the site with an audio guide which you can purchase at the tour meeting point. If you’re a history enthusiast looking to dive into your hobbies, or just about anyone else hoping to relax and indulge in lavish displays of grandeur, then this is an experience you cannot afford to miss out on!
The first thing you’re going to do is zoom past the long ticket lines and make your way into the town of Herculaneum. Located in the shadows of Mount Vesuvius, Herculaneum shares the tragic story of Pompeii. However, not everything was similar. Instead of being quickly buried in ash after the eruption, the town was destroyed 12 hours later. A 400°C wind of ash, pumice and rock rattled the town at over 100 kms/hr, essentially pausing the town in that moment.
Explore that moment preserved almost perfectly as you stroll through the site and take in visuals from over two millennia ago. See houses with upper floors intact, the majestic basilica, the marble bath houses, the large spa complex and many more infrastructural elements of this ancient Greco-Roman town. With frescos, murals, paintings, wood works and metal artifacts, you’re definitely going to improve your grasp on history.
Sites You Should Visit
The House of Aristides
The House of Argus
The House of Genius
The House of Alcove
College of the Augustales
Villa of the Papyri
- Skip-the-line entrance to Herculaneum
- Audio Guide
Know Before You Go
- Daily, from 10:30 AM to 7:30 PM
Please note that this is a day ticket. You can enter the site during the open times regardless of the time shown on the voucher.
You can purchase an audio guide for €8 from the ticketing office as an add-on to your skip-the-line ticket.
The site is accessible to individuals in wheelchairs.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
I Miei Biglietti
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please show your ticket voucher along with a valid photo ID to redeem your mobile ticket for a paper ticket.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets please show your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redemption Point is - Ticket office, Herculaneum Archaeological sites, Corso Resina 1 - To easily locate your redemption point on Google Maps, type 'House of Skeletons, Via Mare, Ercolano NA, Italy'
How to Get There
- Train: Take the Circumvesuviana train at Naples Garibaldi Station and get off at Ercolano Scavi.
Free for minors under 18 years of age with valid ID