The Queen's Gallery at Palace of Holyroodhouse: Entrance Tickets with Multimedia Guide
Enjoy some royally fantastic exhibitions from the Royal Collection at Queen’s Gallery with an informative multimedia guide. From Mar 25 to Sep 25 2022, enjoy access to Masterpieces from Buckingham Palace exhibition.
- Sign up for a fun and educational time at the Queen’s Gallery at the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- See works from the Old Masters at Masterpieces from Buckingham Palace.
- Make use of your complimentary multimedia guide in English to learn more about the Royal Collection.
- Check out and buy some precious items at the Gallery Shop, inspired by the Royal Collection and Palaces.
- Entry into The Queen's Gallery
- Access to Masterpieces from Buckingham Palace
- Multimedia guide
- Guided tour
- Food & drinks
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Masterpieces from Buckingham Palace (25 March – 25 September 2022)
Enjoy the rare chance to admire works by the Old Masters. View artworks by Rembrandt, Van Dyck, Rubens, and Artemisia Gentileschi removed from the Picture Gallery at Buckingham Palace in this show. This is a truly unmissable opportunity for art connoisseurs!
Walking the Corridors of Royals
Located at the entrance of the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Queen’s Gallery in Edinburgh has been built in the shell of a former church and school dating back to the 1840s. In 1999, an ambitious project began to create an art gallery that would seamlessly complement its 19th-century architecture. The art gallery was inaugurated by Her Majesty The Queen in November 2002 as part of the Golden Jubilee celebrations. Today, the Gallery plays host to exhibitions from the Royal Collection that feature old master paintings, rare furniture, and decorative images and arts from many photograph collections. Explore the artistic treasures at your own leisure, using a complementary multimedia guide that lasts around an hour. Once it's over, you can further explore the Gallery at your own leisure.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- Toilets and baby-care facilities are located in the Café at the Palace. Capacities are being managed with an enhanced cleaning regime in operation.
- The cloakroom will be closed. Pushchairs can be taken inside the Gallery, except during busy periods. If you are required to leave your pushchair, a dedicated drop-off area is available. Baby carriers and hip seats are available on request and will be sanitized between uses. All other personal belongings cannot be left and must be carried for the duration of your visit.
- The Queen's Gallery Shop is open. You are required to wear a face-covering upon entry and during your time in the shops. Please also use the hand sanitizer provided before touching any products, surfaces, and handrails and if you can, minimize your contact with the merchandise on display. A member of staff may ask you to do this before entry to the shop.
- Please be aware that the staff will, where necessary, politely enforce social distancing for your safety.
- Perspex screens are in place at the checkouts and till points.
- Visitors and their belongings may be subject to security checks.
- Photography and filming including the use of wearable devices for personal, non-commercial purposes are permitted inside the Gallery.
- In consideration of other visitors, mobile phones must be switched to silent inside the Gallery.
- Eating and drinking aren't allowed inside the Gallery, however, refreshments are available at the Café at the Palace.
- Breastfeeding is welcome anywhere within the Palace of Holyroodhouse and The Queen's Gallery.
- Smoking, including electronic e-cigarettes is not permitted.
- The Queen’s Gallery is open from Thursday to Monday throughout the year except for July and August when it is open all 7 days a week - with a few exceptions (during the installation of new exhibitions.)
- Masterpieces from Buckingham Palace is available from 25 Mar – 25 Sep 2022.
1 Apr to 31 Oct
- Thu to Mon: 9:30am to 6pm (last admission is at 5pm)
- Open on Tue & Wed during July & Aug
1 Nov to 31 Mar 2023
- Thu to Mon: 9:30am to 4:30pm (last admission is at 3:30pm)
- Every Tue and Wed.
- 2 June 2022
- From 26 Sept 2022 onwards
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please print your voucher and present it at the attraction, along with a valid photo ID.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets directly at the entrance of the attraction: The Queen's Gallery, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Address: The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH8 8DX, United Kingdom.
- Closest bus stops are Abbeyhill Crescent and Scottish Parliament.
- Both bus stops are about 2-minutes from the Palace.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during the checkout.