Hagia Sophia Tickets: Historian Guided Tour
- Discover the wondrous Hagia Sophia, a revered attraction in Istanbul
- An hour-long tour from a historian guide guarantees you’ll learn and have fun simultaneously
- Soak up elements from the Byzantine era like its mosaics and galleries
- By the end of your tour, you’ll know all about Hagia Sophia, Constantinople and Istanbul’s history
- 1-hour guided tour of Hagia Sophia
- Expert English-speaking historian guide
flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24hrs before scheduled
Discover Istanbul’s world-famous Hagia Sophia , a must-visit for first-timers in Istanbul. This church-turned-mosque-turned-museum has much to offer, from cultural, historical and visual standpoints. Learn about the history of the Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman Empires with the aid of your expert English-speaking historian guide. Watch the architecture, mosaics, construction, the imperial dome, upper galleries and the decoration from the past tell you the story of Hagia Sophia today!
know before you go
COVID Safety Measures
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Travel requirements: Guests must bring their own headphones
- Guests are required to bring and wear masks
- Guests will get a mandatory temperature check
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Don't forget to carry your own headphones to listen to the audio guide.
- Appropriate and respectful clothing is mandatory while visiting the Hagia Sophia
- Women should not wear knee-length shorts, skirts, or clothing with exposed shoulders or chests. Hair should be partially covered with a scarf
- Men should not wear knee-length shorts or clothing with exposed shoulders
- Clothes and scarves are available for purchase at the entrance of the attraction
- Hagia Sophia is under renovation, therefore, not all parts of the building are open to the public
Audio Guide App Instructions:
- Go to Apple or Play Store and search for 'YourMobileGuide'. Download the app.
- Open the App and select 'All Audio Tours'. Select Turkey, then Istanbul, and search for 'Hagia Sophia'.
- You'll receive your redemption code from the ticket window.
- Please note: there is limited internet at the attraction so please download the app prior to the tour.
- The app does not require internet once it has been downloaded but ensure you have activated GPS.
- Hagia Sophia: Daily from 9am - 5pm (last admission at 4pm)
- Wed to Sun: 10am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the Hagia Sophia to your tour guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your Istanbul Welcome Card tour guide, dressed in red uniform at the entrance of the Hürrem Sultan Hamam.
- It is located below the trees, next to the newspaper kiosk, and across from the Hagia Sophia. If you can not find him please call the emergency number (+ 90 546 911 84 14).
- Address: Cankurtaran, Ayasofya Meydanı, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul.
- Your guide will hand over the scarf for female visitors and together you start exploring this legendary building
- Nearest tram stop is Sultanahmet, which is a 3-minute walk to the attraction
- Tram #L1 will get you here
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout