TotMontserrat Card: Train from Barcelona, Cog-Wheel, Self-Guided Tour & Lunch Buffet
Discover one of Spain’s top attractions, with this full-fledged self-guided experience starting from Barcelona. Enjoy a scenic journey through the stunning landscape of Spain, all the way to the heart of Montserrat!
- Head off on a self-guided journey of the nearly 1000-year old monument at Montserrat
- Enjoy access to the audiovisual exhibit at the attraction and learn about its incredible history
- On the train ride from Barcelona to Montserrat, see breathtaking views of the Spanish landscape
- Visit the Royal Basilica, and see the patron saint of Catalonia, the Virgin of Montserrat
- Round trip metro tickets from/to Plaça d'Espanya
- Round trip train tickets from/to Plaça d'Espanya to Monistrol de Montserrat (or Aeri de Montserrat)
- Cog-Wheel train or Aeri to Monsterrat
- Unlimited access to Sant Joan Funicular
- Entry to Montserrat Museum and the audiovisual exhibit (Closed until further notice)
- Buffet lunch (Closed until further notice)
- Hotel transfers
Museum of Montserrat
Mon to Sun - 10:00 AM to 5:45 PM
Mon to Sun - 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM
Mon to Fri - 8:45 AM to 5:45 PM
Sat & Sun - 9:00 AM too 6:45 PM
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
The quickest way to travel from Barcelona to Montserrat is the train to the foot of the mountain, and a rack railway all the way to the top. With this ticket, you will have a hassle-free experience of Montserrat, with transfers between Barcelona and Montserrat already taken care of. The train journey offers breathtaking views of the natural scenery all around you and makes for excellent photo opportunities.
At Montserrat Museum, you can enjoy some of the finest paintings in the world, from renowned artists such as Dali, Picasso, and Le Corbusier. The Basilica of Montserrat is another renowned attraction and houses the patron saint of Catalonia, the Virgin of Montserrat. The 12th-century carving of the Black Madonna can also be admired from a distance. Take a break and enjoy a delicious lunch buffet at the museum. Once you're done, pay a visit to the audio-visual exhibit. It illustrates the rich history of the mountain, the daily life and activities of the monks and the history and spirituality of the monastery.
know before you go
know before you go
- You will have to show your mobile voucher at the Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FCG) booths in Plaça Espanya, Barcelona and collect your transport card
- The ticket office in FGC Plaça Espanya is open from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM, and you can validate your ticket for the round-trip transfer only during these hours
- Take any R5 train in the direction of Manresa Baixador and get off at Monistrol de Montserrat Station. R5 trains run to Manresa on an hourly basis starting at 8 AM
- Monistrol de Montserrat is the station from which you can take the rack railway to Montserrat monastery
- A deposit of 50 Euro in cash or your credit card details will be required while collecting your audio guide at Montserrat. The deposit will be refunded when the audioguides are returned
- For your buffet lunch, get your ticket validated at the Information Office in Montserrat
- The average temperature at Montserrat is in the range of 13 - 14 degrees Celsius, and it is suggested that you bring warm clothing, especially during winter and autumn
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is a fair bit of walking involved
- Bear in mind the travel time between Barcelona and Montserrat when choosing the time slot so your visit is not rushed
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a valid photo ID at the redemption point and attraction
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry a valid photo ID for verification
- Please ensure that you arrive at least 15 minutes in advance to avoid any delays
Ticket Redemption Points
- The redemption point for the train tickets to and from Barcelona is at the FGC booth in Placa Espanya (08004 Barcelona, Spain)
- This is located right outside the Pl. Espanya metro station
- Here you will receive your transport card once you show your mobile voucher
- To locate the ticket redemption point on Google Maps, search for 'Pl. Espanya - FGC'
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
Tickets to Montserrat Museum and AV Space
- Redeem your tickets at Tourist Office, Plaça de Catalunya (Plaça de Catalunya, 17, S, 08002 Barcelona, Spain)
- This point is just 5 minutes away from the Catalunya metro station
- To locate the ticket redemption point on Google Maps, simply search for - Tourist Office, Plaça de Catalunya
Tourist Office, Plaça de Catalunya
- Nearest metro station is ‘Catalunya’, which is right at the ticket redemption point.
- Line 1 (red line), Line 3 (green line) Line 6 (violet line) will get you here
- There are several bus stops around Plaça de Catalunya
- You can reach here by taking any of the following buses: 24, 41, 42, 55, 66, 67, 68, V15, H16 and Aerobus.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout