Marrakech: Palaces & Monuments Half Day Guided Tour
Fall in love with Marrakesh as you explore its most historic buildings on this half-day guided tour. Learn about the story behind the mysterious Saadian Tombs, be awed by the beauty of the Koutoubia Mosque and admire the grandeur of the Bahia Palace!
- Discover the beauty hidden inside the palaces of Marrakesh along with an expert local guide
- Understand the history of the famous Koutoubia Mosque and admire its amazing architecture
- See the wonder of 19th-century El Bahia Palace and explore its many rooms
- Walk back in time as you visit the Saadian Tombs and learn more about Sultan Ahmad al-Mansur
- Enjoy the serene beauty of the Menara Gardens, a must-visit tourist attraction in Morocco
- Round-trip hotel transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Expert tour guide (English, French, Spanish, Italian, German or Arabic-speaking)
- Professional driver
- Additional gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Marrakesh’s palaces are essentially riads (courtyard homes) with lavish courtyards, intricate architecture, painted ceilings and succulent gardens. Spend your time in the city exploring these gorgeous buildings and learn about their role in shaping Moroccan history.
To start with, you will visit the Koutoubia Mosque, the largest mosque in Marrakesh with a 70-meter high minaret. A classic example of Hispano-Moorish art, it is said that the mosque derives its name from the booksellers that used to cluster around its base – hence the name, from kutubiyyin (booksellers). From here, you will move on towards the 19th-century Bahia Palace. Translating to ‘brilliant’ in Arabic, this sprawling structure is spread across two acres and features beautiful gardens filled with fruit trees and lightly scented flowers. It also has 150 rooms, including a harem section! A visit to the Menara Gardens adds a refreshing touch to your tour: as you surround yourself with the beauty of nature, find beautiful Moroccan elements in the garden.
Next, make your way towards the Saadian Tombs and admire the cedar wooden domes and the marble columns there. Dating back to the time of Sultan Ahmad al-Mansur (1578-1603), the tombs were sealed off and hidden, only to be discovered in 1917. Follow your guide along and learn about the fascinating stories of the prominent figures who lie in these tombs and how the rediscovered tombs were promptly uncovered and restored to their former glory. Before going back to your hotel in Marrakesh, you will make a pitstop at a herbalist’s for a presentation of the spices and plants used in traditional Moroccan medicine.
This ticket has the following variants you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- French-Guided Tour
- Italian-Guided Tour
- German-Guided Tour
- Arabic-Guided Tour
- Dress according to the weather and make sure to put on a comfortable pair of shoes as there is a moderate amount of activity involved
- The tour is wheelchair accessible
Ages 3yrs and below go free. Ages 4-12yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up
- This ticket includes hotel or riad pickups and drop-offs
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel or riad
- If your hotel is not accessible by car, you will be provided with the nearest Google Maps location for pickup
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby or at the entrance of your riad 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time
- The car that will be there to pick you up will have a logo of H&L
This ticket is valid on the time selected during checkout