Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Tour
Witness the site of one of the prime examples of the brutality of Nazi rule in Germany during the mid-1900s. Learn and understand the events that took place in the concentration camp, with commentary from a specially trained guide as you are taken on a comprehensive tour of the monument.
- Visit one of the prime monuments of Nazi rule in Germany, at the Dachau Concentration Camp located 12 kilometers northwest from Munich.
- Learn about the inhumane treatment and living conditions of the prisoners, including the medical experiments, mass executions, and torture.
- Enjoy a convenient and hassle-free transport to Dachau from Munich, saving you the effort of finding a way to reach the destination by yourself.
- With a professional English-speaking guide accompanying you, learn from knowledgeable commentary about the camp, and understand how Dachau went on to become a model for every other concentration camp set up by the Nazis.
- Explore the massive camp, and get to see the barracks, bunkers, crematoriums, torture chambers, and gas chambers firsthand.
- The Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial has earned recognition from some of the top academic experts across the world and has also been hailed as an excellent portrayal of life at the camp by liberators of the US army and families of the survivors.
- Professional English speaking guide
- Transport between Munich and Dachau
- 20-minute documentary about Dachau
- Pick up and drop off to hotel
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Learn about the History of the Nazi Reign in Germany
In the spring of 1933, the Dachau Concentration Camp was one of the first camps to be opened during the Nazi reign between 1933 and 1945. It has gone on to become one of the most widely recognized and resentfully remembered spots of Germany. The Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial was constructed with the goal of highlighting the barbaric acts of the German Third Reich. With more than 800,000 people visiting the memorial every year, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations of Munich. Your tour will begin from the Radius Tours Office in Munich. You will be taken to the memorial site by bus or train, and the transport will take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. Once you have reached the memorial site, you will be led through the concentration camp by your guide. The sprawling Jourhaus is the first thing that you will see, with the infamous words “Arbeit Macht Frei” which translates to “Work will set you free” etched on top.
You will garner several historical facts and get an incredible insight into the history of Germany and Hitler’s dictatorship. The guides are specially trained and will convey these disconcerting topics with a great deal of sensitivity, and respect to the victims. At the same time, they are extremely knowledgeable, and there is no doubt that they will be able to answer most of your questions. You will go through the various sites of the memorial. You can see the roll call square, the barracks where the victims were forced to work, and the bunkers where they had to live in atrocious conditions. The gas chambers, where mass executions were carried out are sure to leave a chill down your spine, as your guides explain the procedure that was followed and talk about the thousands that were murdered here. The Dachau tour is thought-provoking and is an experience that you will never forget. There is no doubt that you will be deeply moved at the end of the 5-hour tour of this historic location.
know before you go
know before you go
- For the entrance there is an additional fee of 15 € per adult, to be paid at our tour office when checking in for the tour.
- If you wish to upgrade to the ticket with the boat ride, an additional fee of 23 € per adult must be paid directly at the tour office.
- Children under the age of 14 are not allowed on this tour.
- Food cannot be purchased or eaten on the Memorial grounds.
- It is recommended that you bring water.
- The tour will include a fair amount of walking, so please wear appropriate footwear and weather-appropriate clothing.
- In the summer, from the 1st of April until the 31st of October, the tour will run on all days of the week. There will be departures at 9 AM and 12 PM.
- In autumn/winter, from the 1st of November to the 30th of December, the tour will run on all days of the week. There will a departure at 9 AM. There will be no tours in the winter from the 10th of January to 31st of March.
- The duration of the tour is approximately 5 hours.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
- Please ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to check-in.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.